ctmpsm - forcing ok jobs that haven't run when a different job fails

  • chris_dennison_uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      I've been asked to look at a scheduling requirement whereby under
      certain exit conditions, a user wants to force a failing job complete
      (which is ok) but there is an additional requirement to force two
      other jobs that are on the AJF complete. I found:

      ctmspm -UPDATEAJF <orderid> FORCEOK

      but I'm not sure how to get the orderid of the two jobs.

      Anyone got any ideas and/or alternative suggestions?

      These jobs are running in a Control-M 2.24.05.01 environment on a HP-
      UX platform.

      Cheers,

      Chris.
    • Paul Windle
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        Chris,

        You could run the other two jobs as commands have them echo the value of %%ORDERID to a file.

        Paul

        "chris_dennison_uk"
        <chris.dennison@powe To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
        rgen.co.uk> cc:
        Subject: [Control-X] ctmpsm - forcing ok jobs that haven't run when a
        01/08/2003 12:12 different job fails
        Please respond to
        Control-X

      • dan_drake@aul.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
          Alternative?
          Instead of forcing them ok, simply add the conditions they ended-ok.
          (however, forcing the failing job ok might cause them to run)

          "chris_dennison_uk"
          <chris.dennison@power To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
          gen.co.uk> cc:
          Subject: [Control-X] ctmpsm - forcing ok jobs
          08/01/2003 06:12 AM that haven't run when a different job fails
          Please respond to
          Control-X

          I've been asked to look at a scheduling requirement whereby under
          certain exit conditions, a user wants to force a failing job complete
          (which is ok) but there is an additional requirement to force two
          other jobs that are on the AJF complete. I found:

          ctmspm -UPDATEAJF <orderid> FORCEOK

          but I'm not sure how to get the orderid of the two jobs.

          Anyone got any ideas and/or alternative suggestions?

          These jobs are running in a Control-M 2.24.05.01 environment on a HP-
          UX platform.

          Cheers,

          Chris.

          Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
          http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
          Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

          This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. Any interception may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the document.