RE: [Control-X] Re: Upgrade question from 5.1.4 to 6.1.07

  • itopssupport@bendigobank.com.au
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
      Message
      Michael, you will find that the vast majority of datasets, besides the CTT DB files, can quite easily be backed up and restored using DFDSS.  Simply back em up on the Test LPAR and restore them with a RENAMEU on the prod lpar, then convert your 'old' libraries by copying them using the IOA utilities.  FAR faster than doing a complete install, and allows you to avoid the need for duplicate installations and all the problems steplibs etc cause.

      The IOA suite is getting to be pretty good now with the reduction in DA and PSU datasets.

       Roger Bruce,
       IT Product Support,
       Bendigo Bank Ltd
       +61-3-54339226
       "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams