Control-M Reporting

  • Bert Bos <bbos@amadeus.net>
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hello,

      using Control-M 6.0.03 (AIX) with Sybase, I am trying to create a
      monthly report stating the number of jobs scheduled last month, the
      number of jobs failed and a breakdown per application.

      I have tried doing this with some scripts although I wonder if there
      is an easier way to create these.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Regards,
      Bert Bos.
      Control-M Administration
      Amadeus Dataprocessing GmbH
      Erding, Germany
    • itopssupport@bendigobank.com.au
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
        Message
        Bert, I'd set something up that ran daily and accumulated daily stats, then just add them all up for your weekly and monthly stats... Far less resource intensive, and why count it twice!
        using Control-M 6.0.03 (AIX) with Sybase, I am trying to create a
        monthly report stating the number of jobs scheduled last month, the
        number of jobs failed and a breakdown per application.

        I have tried doing this with some scripts although I wonder if there
        is an easier way to create these.

        Any help would be appreciated.

        Regards,
        Bert Bos.
        Control-M Administration
        Amadeus Dataprocessing GmbH
        Erding, Germany

        This communication is intended only for use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution or replication of this message is strictly prohibited. The legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this email is not waivered, lost or destroyed by reason of a mistaken delivery to you. If you have received this message in error, we would appreciate immediate notification by telephone and ask that the message be permanently deleted from your system.

        Bendigo Bank
      • judy_jonet
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
          Can anyone share on how you do reporting from Control-M as far as
          schedules, job set-up, history, forecasting, and any other reports?
        • Brian Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
            Well, you can try the built-in Reporting Facility, which is basically
            an absolute waste of time; or
            Schedules: (as in job-defs?)
            export to XML and review the flat files
            or
            use SQL to extract/query what you want

            History: (history of what?)
            use ctmlog to export your daily logs and archive them
            use ctmstats and ctmruninf (both of which
            generally suck (IMHO))

            Forecasting (true forecasting, that is) is all but non-existent (in
            any really helpful way)
            use "ctmrpln" in the meantime

            To make daily runtime reports, I parse the daily control-m log files;
            what REALLY sucks there is that cyclic jobs get the same Order ID and
            each rerun uses the same Order ID w/ a different runcount - - however
            the runcounts are only appended to one live of each rerun.....aaaargh!

            On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:20:32 -0000, judy_jonet <judy.jonet@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone share on how you do reporting from Control-M as far as
            > schedules, job set-up, history, forecasting, and any other reports?

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Palozzolo,Joseph M.
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 11 5:38 AM
              Control-M Reporting

              Is there a method to extract the job description along with oscompstat, schedtab, msgid (5102 and 5134) for weekly and other periodic reports?

              We currently report in this manner from the CMR_AJF on a daily basic but doing the same on a periodic basis causes reports to run too long.

              Does anyone report in this manner?

              I have suggested moving the Backup types to their own table rather than searching by Description.

              Any ideas?
              Joseph Palozzolo
              Sent from my Wireless Handheld

              E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
              addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
              intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
              immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you
              are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
              storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
            • raeihle_phil
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 7, 2014
                I need some assistance brainstorming a way to get specific info from Control-M WLA 8 via Reporting rather than manually. Here is what I need:

                • Total number of jobs loaded to Control-M for specific ODATE
                • Total number of jobs remaining from specific ODATE (will be the same ODATE as above...before and after NEWDAY stats)
                • Status of BIM services (Late, On Time, Complete) for previous ODATE
                • Total number of Abends for specific ODATE (have a report for this one already)
                The first 3 bullets I am obtaining manually by simply viewing BIM after NEWDAY (9am EST), checking the number of jobs that loaded before NEWDAY and then what remains for previous ODATE (after NEWDAY).

                I would like to be able to run a report or reports to obtain this information so I can process if automatically through batch and push to a share drive.

                Any and all suggestions appreciated.

                Thanks,
                Phil
              • probins06
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

                  Hi Phil,

                  For the first 2 I would use an SQL query and pipe the output to a file.

                  For the status of BIM services I wish you luck. One of my main complaints with BIM is that after newday it doesn't display services that completed prior to newday which makes it less useful as a business SLA reporting tool as our newday is 6am. I had to schedule an SLA report for just prior to newday to create a report showing the state of services.

                  Cheers,

                  Paul.

                • raeihle_phil
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 14, 2014

                    Thank you for the input Paul. Now if I only I could write an SQL query that would handle that. I am not that skilled w/ SQL to do that.

                    BIM doesn't matter as much since the team can view and report on it before our NEWDAY at 9am. The rest of the info I would love automated.

                    Regards,

                    Phil