Re: FW: RE: Remove Agent Ping from Watchdog

  • markssf
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
      Hi Paul & Paul, I did as suggested and found entries in CMS_JOBDEF
      (but not the other tables). But this still did not clear the alert
      from being generated. I then went through the entire schema and found
      all 20 or so references to NODEID. I checked each one but only
      CMR_STATIS showed the problem entry. I deleted this too, but still no
      go. I have no idea where it is dragging this reference from and the
      ctmping under Watchdog seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I'm
      not very keen on a utility that asks you to define a list of nodes
      and then ignores your list and overrides this with it's own list of
      machines that were decommissioned long ago. I think I'll just switch
      this option off.
      Mark.

    • Graham Hearn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
        Just a thought
        I am wondering if you are suffering from some sort of cache problem
        have you bounced the system of killed the NS (which is known to cache agents)
        the SU should restart the NS and you should see things return to normal

        Graham Hearn

      • markssf
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          Hi Graham, I stopped/restarted the Control-M Server & DB Server (i.e.
          using the ctm_menu/option 1, not the actual platform itself) - but
          still no progress.

          --- In Control-X@y..., "Graham Hearn" <graham.hearn@d...> wrote:

          > Just a thought
          > I am wondering if you are suffering from some sort of cache problem
          > have you bounced the system of killed the NS (which is known to
          cache agents)
          > the SU should restart the NS and you should see things return to
          normal

          > Graham Hearn
          >

          > --
          >
          > This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
          If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
          in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-
          mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
          material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.