Antwort: [Control-X] Re: Control-M on OS/390 Unix Systems Services

  • roger_hohmann@westlb.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
      Bob,

      it works! Thanks very much.

      Regards

      Roger

      Bob Stark <bstark@...> am 30.08.2000 16:53:56

      Bitte antworten an Control-X@egroups.com

      An: Control-X@egroups.com, MVS-OE@...
      Kopie: (Blindkopie: Roger Hohmann/D/WLB)
      Thema: [Control-X] Re: Control-M on OS/390 Unix Systems Services

    • roger_hohmann@westlb.de

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000

          An: Control-X@egroups.com, MVS-OE@...
        • josef.steinbach@lhsystems.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2000
            Hi,
            my simple BPXJOB

            //T835JOB JOB (835,AR1),STONI,CLASS=I,MSGCLASS=9,MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
            //* STEP10 EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,PARM='SH ls -l'
            //STEP20 EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,
            // PARM='SH ls -l'
            //STDOUT DD PATH='/tmp/uid.STDOUT',
            // PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),
            // PATHMODE=SIRWXU
            //* PATHDISP=KEEP,
            //STDERR DD PATH='/tmp/uid.STDERR',
            // PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),
            // PATHMODE=SIRWXU

            Regards from Frankfurt
            Josef

            --- In Control-X@egroups.com, roger_hohmann@w... wrote:

            > Bob,
            >
            > it works! Thanks very much.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Roger
            >

            > Bob Stark <bstark@p...> am 30.08.2000 16:53:56
            >
            > Bitte antworten an Control-X@egroups.com
            >
            > An: Control-X@egroups.com, MVS-OE@v...
            > Kopie: (Blindkopie: Roger Hohmann/D/WLB)
            > Thema: [Control-X] Re: Control-M on OS/390 Unix Systems Services
            >

            > Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
            http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any
            members.
            Not affiliated with BMC Software.

            > Roger,
            >
            > BPXBATCH is DOCUMENTED ....
            >
            > (...)
            >
            > See if that meets your needs when running under Control M.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Bob Stark [ProTech]
            >
            > At 07:56 AM 8/30/00 +0000, Roger Hohmann wrote:
            > >--- In Control-X@egroups.com, Bob Stark <bstark@p...> wrote:
            > > > You can execute shell scripts and other OS/390 UNIX commands as
            > >batch job
            > > > steps using PGM=BPXBATCH. This should allow the batch job to be
            > >seen by
            > > > Control-M. JCL looks like:
            > > >
            > > > //jobname JOB ...
            > > > //stepname EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,REGION=8M
            > > > //STDIN DD PATH='/u/prod/ascript.in',PATHOPTS=(ORDONLY)
            > > > //STDOUT DD PATH='/u/prod/mystd.out',PATHMODE=SIRWXU,
            > > > // PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT)
            > > > //STDERR DD PATH='/u/prod/mystd.err',PATHMODE=SIRWXU,
            > > > // PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT)
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > > Bob Stark
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > >
            > > > Bob Stark [ProTech - When you're serious about Systems
            Management]
            > > > www.protechpts.com 800-373-9188
            x150

            > Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
            > http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any
            members. To
            > unsubscribe go to http://www.onelist.com and click on User Center.
            Not
            > affiliated with BMC Software.
            >

            > Mit freundlichen Grüßen
            >
            > Roger Hohmann
            > swest
            > Department: 731-52200
            > Herzogstraße 15
            > D - 40217 Düsseldorf
            > Tel.: +49211 826 8155
            > Fax: +49211 826 5393
            > EMail: roger_hohmann@W...
          • Jonathan Nash
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2000
              I am using control-M on OS/390. We noticed that
              if an INCLIB is migrated the JOB will fail. Are there
              any ways to change the setup of control-M so that it
              will recall this file instead of failing the JOB ?
              At present we have inserted JOBS at the front of each
              JOB stream which do an HRECALL of the INCLIB.

              thanks...
            • Phil Robyn
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 20, 2000
                Jonathan Nash wrote:
                I am using control-M on OS/390. We noticed that
                if an INCLIB is migrated the JOB will fail. Are there
                any ways to change the setup of control-M so that it
                will recall this file instead of failing the JOB ?
                At present we have inserted JOBS at the front of each
                JOB stream which do an HRECALL of the INCLIB.

                thanks...

                Change the INCLIB's management class to NOMIG.