Re: [Control-X] Database Sizing AIX 4.3 with Sybase

  • MS
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      Hi,

      no, I don't think there is a problem to add to much
      space to the DB.
      It's higly recommended to calculate you tempdb space
      correclty. This should be always or at least 1/3 of
      the data and log size specification. Otheriwse you may
      get problems fucntional and performance wise.

      Michael

      Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de
    • scott_cantwell@keybank.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        Thanks, Also we have a current configuration that has the Control M/EM
        database as a dedicated database at 80 MB.

        Also, built the Control M server database using the existing Control M/EM
        Server sybase database as 30 MB (default). How can I extend the Control M
        server database to say 60 or 70 MB for a quick fix from below? Since it is
        using an existing Control M/EM sybase database I cannot extend the Control
        M Server database. In the Control M Server reference manual it also
        indicates:

        Note
        The options in Table 4-5 can be applied only when CONTROL-M/Server
        uses the dedicated Sybase Database Server supplied with CONTROL-M.
        If CONTROL-M/Server is configured to use an existing (remote) server,
        you can use the commands disk init and alter database to extend the
        CONTROL-M/Server database. To extend the log segment, the command
        sp_logdevice is also used. These commands are described in the Sybase
        Commands Reference Manual. Similarly, you can use these commands to
        extend the CONTROL-M mirror database.

        Can anyone offer insight into how I can best accomplish this.

        ctmem db

        Enter option number ---> 2
        + Space Information ( /tmp of the machine) +
        Total Size: 196608 KB. Space Available: 144432 KB % Free
        +------------------------------------+
        | SYBASE Size Information: |
        +------------------------------------+
        Type Total Size Free Space % Free Space
        Data : 80 MB 69900 KB 85.3271 %
        Log : 23 MB 23456 KB 99 %
        Press Enter to continue

        Enter option number ---> []:11

        ctm server db

        db total = 45000.0 KB (data= 30000.00 , log= 15000.00)
        data used = 26104 KB (87%).
        WARNING : DB is more than half full
        log used = 0 KB (0%).
        Checking database...
        Database is OK.

        Press Enter to continue

        Thanks,

        Scott Cantwell
        KeyBank NA / McDonald Investments
        Cleveland, OH 44115
        (216)-689-1859

        mspruck@...
        To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
        09/01/2002 03:43 cc:
        AM Subject: Re: [Control-X] Database Sizing AIX 4.3 with Sybase
        Please respond to
        Control-X

        Hi,

        no, I don't think there is a problem to add to much
        space to the DB.
        It's higly recommended to calculate you tempdb space
        correclty. This should be always or at least 1/3 of
        the data and log size specification. Otheriwse you may
        get problems fucntional and performance wise.

        Michael

        Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

      • bbos@amadeus.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hi,

          there is a script called ctm_db_extend which you can use to increase the
          space of the databases used from Control-M.

          Regards,
          Bert.