Windows NT Agent

  • Jeremy Bass
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Has anyone had any problems trying to run an agent on a Win 2000 box and it periodically comes up telling us that it is in unavailable state? We are running ECS AIX v 500 with CTM Server v 224 on the same AIX box. The odd thing is we have over a 100 agents running with the same port assignments and this is our only problem child.

      We have set up some continuous pings from the server to the agent and even when the agent goes into unavailable status we never lose any packets. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Jeremy Bass
      Fleming Companies
      405-841-5196
    • Mike Kieta
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002

        Check/Change the cabling .... if for no other reason, just so you can say that you did it.

        A lot of times with weird problems, that makes no sense , an intermittent cable could be the culprit.

        Mike Kieta

        CTC

          Jeremy Bass <jbass@...> wrote:

        Has anyone had any problems trying to run an agent on a Win 2000 box and it periodically comes up telling us that it is in unavailable state? We are running ECS AIX v 500 with CTM Server v 224 on the same AIX box.  The odd thing is we have over  a 100 agents running with the same port assignments and this is our only problem child.

        We have set up some continuous pings from the server to the agent and even when the agent goes into unavailable status we never lose any packets. Any suggestions?

        Thanks,

        Jeremy Bass
        Fleming Companies
        405-841-5196

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • Louis Boulet
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
          What kind of network connection are you using?

          If your NT platform has both token-ring and fast-ethernet,
          I use to have similar problems on several NT platforms when the agent was defined
          using the token-ring address of the server.  All the alerts went away when I re-defined
          the agent with the Ethernet address.