RE: [Control-X] Control-M Names

  • Kelm, Scott
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2013

      We’re on a Windows version 6.4 of Control-M.

      I’m trying to add another Gateway and Control-M/Server on the same host machine.

      I see what I’m trying to add referred to as several names;

      When adding a new Control-M/Server and Gateway component (discover) in M Configuration Manager, “CONTROL-M Name”.

      When adding a new Control-M/Server and Gateway component (define) form, “Name:”

      On a job definition, “CONTROL-M:”

      On the CONTROL-M Configuration Manager, it’s the “Name” column.

      Why? I’m looking for another way to separate classifications of jobs, in addition to tables, applications and groups.

      I guess I’m not understanding the documentation or have not found the right documentation.

      When I view the new Control-M/Server properties, It doesn’t display a Configuration Agent Port, much less allow it to be changed.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2013

        No on Windows, period. The install doesn’t see the first instance, and won’t rename the second service like it does with Control-M/Agents and Control-M/Enterprise Managers.

        Thanks Pat.

        Seems to be the trouble I’m having.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2013

          As per my understanding, control-m name meaning datacenter name or gateway name ..

          I don't think you can have 2 with same name on one enterprise manager..  each DC / Control-M gas a unique id but still it will case problem..

          Why are trying to name 2 controlm same?