RE: [Control-X] Control-M Names

  • Shancey, Jay
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7 12:44 PM

      Good point Pat. Keep forgetting Control-M server can reside on Windows. My mind always goes straight to Unix server.

      Jay

      Message 2 of 9 , May 7 12:53 PM

        We’re on a Windows version 6.4 of Control-M.

        I’m trying to add another Gateway and Control-M/Server on the same host machine.

        I see what I’m trying to add referred to as several names;

        When adding a new Control-M/Server and Gateway component (discover) in M Configuration Manager, “CONTROL-M Name”.

        When adding a new Control-M/Server and Gateway component (define) form, “Name:”

        On a job definition, “CONTROL-M:”

        On the CONTROL-M Configuration Manager, it’s the “Name” column.

        Why? I’m looking for another way to separate classifications of jobs, in addition to tables, applications and groups.

        I guess I’m not understanding the documentation or have not found the right documentation.

        When I view the new Control-M/Server properties, It doesn’t display a Configuration Agent Port, much less allow it to be changed.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 7 12:55 PM

          No on Windows, period. The install doesn’t see the first instance, and won’t rename the second service like it does with Control-M/Agents and Control-M/Enterprise Managers.

          Thanks Pat.

          Seems to be the trouble I’m having.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 7 1:22 PM

            As per my understanding, control-m name meaning datacenter name or gateway name ..

            I don't think you can have 2 with same name on one enterprise manager..  each DC / Control-M gas a unique id but still it will case problem..

            Why are trying to name 2 controlm same?