Control-M FTP account verification

  • brianstahl123
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      Question for all FTP guru out there. I know that within the account setup of Control-M FTP jobs you can verify the account after setup and it will tell you if all is fine, I was wondering if it would be possible to setup some sort of tasks that would perfrom the same thing. The reason I'm asking is we have some FTP accounts that use VPN connection and the connection had an issue late in the evening and as the jobs do not executed until the mid morning no one was aware the connection was broken, so a thought came across why can't we setup a dummy job just to verify the connection. At first I thought about using a ping but often we don't get a response back to ping requests but the connection is fine. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, in my view the network folks should have monitors running but I wanted to see if something could be put in place with Control-M that would check connecticity only and not actually perform the FTP.
    • Robert Stinnett
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013

        Sure thing, just do a remote file watch through FTP – the file doesn’t even have to exist.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
          It seems I am always returning messages with the RTFM principle. Read The Fantastic Manuals!! I do them all at least once!!

          CM for AFT Admin Manual. Appendix C.  Silent mode account management

          Testing an account, page 148

          Useful?

          Daniel.

[...]

        • Ken Rae