RE: [Control-X] Control-M Desktop v 7.0 Scheduling BIM Job on z/OS Mainframe

  • Pat Hicok
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2012

      I missed this the first time.  You don’t upload the BIM job to the z/OS. I believe it must be in a distributed table, and connected to zOS jobs via Global Conditions.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
        What is the task type for a BIM job scheduled at the end of a job tree on the end of the z/OS? I know for distributed it is "dummy," but that option is not available for task type on z/OS.

        @Rick - Yes, we did upload the table/job to Control-M on z/OS. Thank you for the suggestion!

        --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Hicok" <PHicok@...> wrote:

        > I missed this the first time. You don't upload the BIM job to the z/OS. I
        > believe it must be in a distributed table, and connected to zOS jobs via
        > Global Conditions.

      • Lewis Furry
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012

          As mentioned earlier – keep the Batch Impact Manager job as a Distributed job connected to the mainframe flow by global conditions.  It will monitor the mainframe flow just like any other Batch Impact Manager job flow.

          What is the task type for a BIM job scheduled at the end of a job tree on the end of the z/OS? I know for distributed it is "dummy," but that option is not available for task type on z/OS.

          @Rick - Yes, we did upload the table/job to Control-M on z/OS. Thank you for the suggestion!

          --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Hicok" <PHicok@...> wrote:

          > I missed this the first time. You don't upload the BIM job to the z/OS. I
          > believe it must be in a distributed table, and connected to zOS jobs via
          > Global Conditions.

        • Raul Ortega
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012
            Hi to all

            the BIM job runs on Distributed Control M Server, its collect information from the copy of AJF of all Control M Server connected to Enterprise Manager, in other words the information that is collected for this jobs reside on Control M EM Server using the BIM service that’s runs on this server. Of course it uses global conditions to connect the Mainframe JOBs.

            Raul Ortega
            Soluciones en T.I.

            Venezuela

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012

              Greetings all.  Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where to post some positions we have for Control-M folks?  Tried the usual places (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) but haven't had anyone bite.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

              Thanks,
              Robert Stinnett

            • asifcs1
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 5, 2012
                Hello Robert,

                Greetings,
                I am a control-m professional and interested to apply for this position.
                Currently I am supporting control-m for Capital one (Bank) from India.

                Please let me know how can I apply for this position. Thanks for your help and answer.

                Regards
                Asif Mushtaque
                Control-m professional

                --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, Robert Stinnett <robert@...> wrote:

                > Greetings all. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where to post some positions we have for Control-M folks? Tried the usual places (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) but haven't had anyone bite. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks,Robert Stinnett

              • beemsee18
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 5, 2012
                  Thank you all for your keen insight! Your advice has been extremely helpful as we navigate this issue.

                  --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, Raul Ortega <raportega@...> wrote:

                  > Hi to all
                  >

                  > the BIM job runs on Distributed
                  > Control M Server, its collect information from the copy of AJF of all Control M
                  > Server connected to Enterprise Manager, in other words the information that is
                  > collected for this jobs reside on Control M EM Server using the BIM service that’s
                  > runs on this server. Of course it uses global conditions to connect the
                  > Mainframe JOBs.
                  >

                  > Raul
                  > Ortega
                  > Soluciones
                  > en T.I.
                  >

                  > Venezuela
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • christine610511
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                    Try posting on the Scheduler-Usage forum - http://www.scheduler-usage.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index

                    There is an Opportunities section. Failing that use job agencies.

                    --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, Robert Stinnett <robert@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings all. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where to post some positions we have for Control-M folks? Tried the usual places (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) but haven't had anyone bite. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks,Robert Stinnett

                  • oper
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                      Hmmm, - Interesting forum... looks like it would merit from some newer postings. Liked what I saw - Will join!

                      Thanks!

                      Scott M Luczak ~

                      --- In mailto:Control-X%40yahoogroups.com, Robert Stinnett <robert@...> wrote:

                      > Greetings all. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where to post some positions we have for Control-M folks? Tried the usual places (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) but haven't had anyone bite. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks,Robert Stinnett

                    • ilan cohen
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 8, 2012
                        The BIM job can reside on the z/OS as well, as part of any table. It can be the last job on the flow, or it can be a z/OS dummy job (DUMMY in either MEMLIB or OVERLIB). It can be edited on the EM only (and then uploaded to the z/OS server).

                        Ilan

                        [ Ilan Cohen _________________ Product Development Manager ]
                        [ CONTROL-M/D Solutions ___________________________ MSM BU ]
                        [ BMC Software Israel, Ltd. _______ Phone: +972-3-645-1745 ]