Re: [Control-X] CONTROL-M is suspended. waiting 60 seconds

  • Michael Curtis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi,

      Re : messages 5708 and 5709

      I suspect, but haven't confirmed, that this may be due to a fix from older
      versions where there were issues with jobs in the AJF when tables are
      uploaded or jobs manually loaded during the newday process, (jobs would be
      loaded missing conditions and would not run).
      So if my assumption is correct these are just advisory messages.

      Regards Michael.

      From: "RASHID M" <rashid_14u@...>
      To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 26/12/2011 05:09 PM
      Subject: [Control-X] CONTROL-M is suspended. waiting 60 seconds
      Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com

      Hello Folks,

      I see the message from the sysout of USERDAILY on every other day .

      ***************************************
      5708 Last order operation rolled back. Waiting for the end of New Day...
      CONTROL-M is suspended. waiting 60 seconds...
      5709 ...Resuming Order operation

      I ran two userdaily right after the newday, also exclusive CONTROL RESOURCE
      on it. so that will not run parallely.

      Has anybody faced this issue earlier.

      My Control-M is on 7 Versions , CTMSERVER ( no fixpacks have been added).
      EM run with 7 with fixpack 1

      thanks

      --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Hicok" <PHicok@...> wrote:

      > Direct from Page 1-27 of the Control-M Administrator Guide:
      >

      > It is recommended that User Daily jobs be scheduled to run sequentially,
      >
      > not concurrently. This can be accomplished using the standard scheduling
      >
      > parameters in job processing definitions (e.g., assign the same Control
      >
      > resource in exclusive mode to all the User Daily jobs, and sequence the
      >
      > jobs for execution in a specific order using the priority mechanism).
      >

      > I imagine there has to be a reason for this, other than just to say
      "don't
      > do it".
      >

      > ~~Pat
      >
      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of Stein Arne Storslett
      > Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 3:12 AM
      > To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Control-X] Running ctmudly - User Daily - in parallell
      >

      > Hi folks.
      >
      > I have an, ever growing, script of ctmudly commands, and was wondering
      > if anyone has tried running those commands in parallell.
      > How does Control-M like it, and have you seen any performance
      > improvements (total time of excecution)?
      >

      > --
      > Stein Arne Storslett
      >

      > Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
      > http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
      User