Re: Are there any cons to using Control-M Forcast?

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
      We recently purchased Forecast as part of our migration to V7.
      Still learning the product, but it has allready been a great tool in 'testing' schedule changes.

      --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jaedike <mjaedike@...> wrote:

      > Our scheduling department is looking into purchasing Control-M/Forecast.
      > They asked me to pose this question to the group to see if any of you have
      > Cons/Issues with Control-M/Forecast that you could share.
      >
      > We are using Control-M/EM/BIM and Control-M/Server 6.4.01 on AIX 6.1.
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > Michael Jaedike - Software Analyst
      > Foot Locker Inc. - IS&T
      >

      > Visit us on-line at footlocker.com.
      >
      > The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential
      > and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient,
      > please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.
      > Although the Company attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses,
      > it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability
      > for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

    • ravimis
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2011
        Hi,
        We use ver6.3 and no doubt its a good buy for the money, from my experience the only issue i came across was that the forecast cannot handle cyclic jobs properly.
        Cheers
        Ravi