Control-M Strengths

  • Dimitris Karistinos
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hello group,
      I am trying to put together a document that would highlight the strengths and unique features of Control-M against competitive products....

      Is there any document that may have things like that ?
      If not I would appreciate your expereince from the field.

      Best regards
      Dimitris

    • Pat Hicok
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011

        Contact your BMC account Rep.  They have all that information available.

        I am trying to put together a document that would highlight the strengths and unique features of Control-M against competitive products....

        Is there any document that may have things like that ?

        If not I would appreciate your expereince from the field.

        Best regards

        Dimitris

        No virus found in this message.

      • Dimitris Karistinos
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
          Hello Pat,
          Already done that, but I got minimal set of info back....

          Any info would be helpfull.

          Regards
          Dimitris

          --- Στις Τρίτ., 01/03/11, ο/η Pat Hicok <PHicok@...> έγραψε:

          Από: Pat Hicok <PHicok@...>
          Θέμα: RE: [Control-X] Control-M Strengths
          Προς: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
          Ημερομηνία: Τρίτη, 1 Μάρτιος 2011, 13:48

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
            Dimitris,

            The problem here is that this kind of material that folks use to make sales. For example I have a spreadsheet detailing the differences between 5 different schedulers as of 6.4 but it is a client's work so I will/cannot share it.  If I were you I would make up a list of desired attributes pick a specific scheduler such as Redwood or Autosys or UC4 etc. and look and see if they can do the same thing.  For example does Autosys support Tandem jobs out of the box, zOS, how are dependencies treated, can tickets be auto-generated and so on.

            Even more helpful would be identifying with the client what attributes are desired and using that list of needs/wants to build you comparison.

            Regards,

            Rob Fowler

            On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Dimitris Karistinos <d_karys@...> wrote:

            Hello Pat,
            Already done that, but I got minimal set of info back....

            Any info would be helpfull.

            Regards
            Dimitris

            --- Στις Τρίτ., 01/03/11, ο/η Pat Hicok <PHicok@...> έγραψε:

            I am trying to put together a document that would highlight the strengths and unique features of Control-M against competitive products....

            Is there any document that may have things like that ?

            If not I would appreciate your expereince from the field.

            Best regards

            Dimitris

            No virus found in this message.

            Rob Fowler