AW: [Control-X] Re: Control-M Windows Agent 6.3.1 on 2008 R2?

  • Gibiritis, Vassilios
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2, 2010
      Nachricht
      Hallo Mark,
      BMC released 6.3.01.400 for WIn2K8 RS 2

      24-Nov-2009 CONTROL-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows versions 6.4.01.200 and 6.3.01.400 can now be installed on Windows 7 with x86_64 based processors and Windows Server 2008 with R2 .

      Vassilis

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2010
        Even the new one does not work. We don't see anything on the screen after the extract has completed and no trace.log file is created. We tried turning off the Windows Firewall (Windows 2008 R2 is big on Firewalls) but still no joy.

        BMC are currently mulling it over ...

        --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "Gibiritis, Vassilios" <vassilios.gibiritis@...> wrote:

        > Hallo Mark,
        > BMC released 6.3.01.400 for WIn2K8 RS 2
        >
        > 24-Nov-2009 CONTROL-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows versions 6.4.01.200 and 6.3.01.400 can now be installed on Windows 7 with x86_64 based processors and Windows Server 2008 with R2 .
        >

        > Vassilis

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2010
          Fixed, you do definitely need the 25-Nov-2009 version but my problem was that I don't have access to the Windows boxes (Control-M Server is running on Unix) and it seems the Windows guy was running the patch install under his own userid instead of taking the "run as administrator" option within Windows. He was confused as the original Agent install can run under a normal id. We then had to switch persistent connection on (2008 R2 is big on firewalls) and switch "comm-init" to "N". Finally the Agent ports 7005-7012 needed opening on Windows. This now works fine.

          I was trying to get a full guide to "Control-M Windows Agents and Firewalls" and I think I located it in the Knowledge Base (doc SLN000000186908 - it deals with Windows XP but I think the info will be the same) but if I try to open that document in iExplorer it just says "error on page" and Firefox does go to the document but just loads a blank page.

        • Stein Arne Storslett
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 7, 2010
            Hi

            Another thing about deleting agents from Cm/Server.

            I've noticed that if any job is in the AJF with that node defined, the CM/server will try to connect to it.
            So sometimes you need to delete all jobs, wait until NewDay, then delete the agent.

            Stein Arne

            Den 01.03.2010 04:42, skrev Chris Cunningham:

            As controlm user, do find ~/ctm/data/* -name "*nodeid*"   and remove this file/s (where nodeid is agent name)
            Then do shctm and kill the pid of the NS process. It will respawn, and this should stop the agent reappearing as it is kept in the NS process' memory.

            Regards,
            Chris

            "Johnson, Wayne" <wjohnson@powercor. com.au>
            Sent by: Control-X@yahoogrou ps.com

            01/03/2010 01:46 PM

            Please respond to
            Control-X@yahoogrou ps.com

            "Control-X@yahoogrou ps.com" <Control-X@yahoogrou ps.com>
            cc

            Subject
            [Control-X] controlm agents disable and removed

            Sorry guys hopefully an easy one, but cant find in manual...

            We are on controlm version 6.2.01.

            from controlm server, I disable and delete agents, but they keep reappearing. .. is there a file I need to remove it from.

            thanks

            Wayne

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010
              That is true, you always have to make sure the last of the jobs are out of the AJF before deleting ... however, I have found that deleting via the Config Manager GUI is a more reliable way of getting this done.

              --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, Stein Arne Storslett <starsto@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > Another thing about deleting agents from Cm/Server.
              >
              > I've noticed that if any job is in the AJF with that node defined, the
              > CM/server will try to connect to it.
              > So sometimes you need to delete all jobs, wait until NewDay, then delete
              > the agent.
              >
              > Stein Arne
              >

              > Den 01.03.2010 04:42, skrev Chris Cunningham:
              > >

              > > As controlm user, do find ~/ctm/data/* -name "*nodeid*" and remove
              > > this file/s (where nodeid is agent name)
              > > Then do shctm and kill the pid of the NS process. It will respawn, and
              > > this should stop the agent reappearing as it is kept in the NS
              > > process' memory.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Chris
              > >

              > > *"Johnson, Wayne" <wjohnson@...>*
              > > Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
              > >
              > > 01/03/2010 01:46 PM
              > > Please respond to
              > > Control-X@yahoogroups.com

              > > "Control-X@yahoogroups.com" <Control-X@yahoogroups.com>
              > > cc
              > >
              > > Subject
              > > [Control-X] controlm agents disable and removed
              > >

              > > Sorry guys hopefully an easy one, but cant find in manual...
              > >

              > > We are on controlm version 6.2.01.
              > >
              > > from controlm server, I disable and delete agents, but they keep
              > > reappearing... is there a file I need to remove it from.
              > >
              > > thanks
              > >
              > > Wayne

            • Johnson, Wayne
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010
                Thanks guys this was very helpful...

                I have gone to the following directory after signing in with controlm user.   /export/home/ctmuser2/ctm/data/AGSTAT and removed the files that are no longer required.

[...]

                .

                CitiPower Pty and Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file
                attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
                individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
                this email in error please tell us immediately by return email and
                delete the document.

              • Rob Neal
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010

                  You should also remove it from AGPRM and as Stein said make sure to kill the NS process. Here’s a script that automates the whole process (you have to be logged in as the Control-M/Server to run it):

                  #!/usr/bin/ksh

                  nspid=$(shctm|grep ctmns|cut -d' ' -f5)

                  echo "nspid=${nspid}"

                   rm -f /export/home/ctmuser2/ctm/data/AGSTAT/${1}

                   rm -f /export/home/ctmuser2/ctm/data/AGPRM/${1}

                   rm -f /export/home/ctmuser2/ctm/data/AGSTAT_RJX/${1}

                  echo "deleted ${1}"

                  echo "killing NS process...."

                  kill -9 ${nspid}

                  Thanks,

                   Rob Neal

                  AAIT - University of Phoenix / BMCS-CE - Control-M for Distributed Systems

                  Control-M 2nd Level Support

                  Technical Analyst -State Farm Insurance Companies

                  Corporate South N-2

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010
                    Thanks alot that will be very useful.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010