RE: [Control-X] Control-M Reports

  • boe.franklin@db.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
      I would go with Ian's method for most everything I do (in either REXX or
      SAS).
      I run a KSL at the end of the batch cycle to list jobs still pending which
      fails
      probably 2-3 times a month due to looping. Problems I have with KSL is
      states
      change while the program is running. Still as an excersise it would be easy
      write a KSL to do this, set almast everything in the SHOW FILTER SCREEN to N

      except ENDED "NOTPK" and then print the line with the provided print KSL
      until you
      hit the end of the list. See the sample member REPJOBMO (which is called by
      REP3LEFT)
      and modify the part where it sets up the SHOW FILTER.
      I also find that KSL is really slow! If I need some status quickly, and
      there is a KSL sample,
      I use it but start working on another solution. I wish there was an API to
      AJF so I could use
      another language to get at it (rexx, assembler, SAS!)
      Thanks,
      Boe Franklin
      410-308-6796
      Technical Services, Atrium
      Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown

    • Phil Robyn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
        boe.franklin@... wrote:

        > I would go with Ian's method for most everything I do (in either REXX or
        > SAS).
        > I run a KSL at the end of the batch cycle to list jobs still pending which
        > fails
        > probably 2-3 times a month due to looping. Problems I have with KSL is
        > states
        > change while the program is running. Still as an excersise it would be easy
        > write a KSL to do this, set almast everything in the SHOW FILTER SCREEN to N
        >
        > except ENDED "NOTPK" and then print the line with the provided print KSL
        > until you
        > hit the end of the list. See the sample member REPJOBMO (which is called by
        > REP3LEFT)
        > and modify the part where it sets up the SHOW FILTER.
        > I also find that KSL is really slow! If I need some status quickly, and
        > there is a KSL sample,
        > I use it but start working on another solution. I wish there was an API to
        > AJF so I could use
        > another language to get at it (rexx, assembler, SAS!)
        > Thanks,
        > Boe Franklin
        > 410-308-6796
        > Technical Services, Atrium
        > Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown

        I guess one 'compromise' method might be to run the KSL REPJOBST
        to take a snapshot of the AJF, write the output to disk, and then use it
        as input to your fast program. Since it's a snapshot, you don't have the
        'status change' problem. But an API to the AJF would be nice....

        Phil Robyn
        Univ. of California, Berkeley