ctm_data.dat file is huge... sybase maintenance?

  • Shancey, Jay
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

      Got a quick question for y’all.

      I was working my way around the filesystem on my AIX control-m server and see in the ~/sybase/data/ has two files and one is HUGE!

      Knowing full good and well it wouldn’t work, nonetheless I ran a ‘more’ on the ctm_data.dat huge file and yeah it’s pretty much garbled.

      However, I was able to pick out some data…

      … JOB STATE CHANGED TO Executing…

      …STARTED AT 20061012012306 ON…

      What strikes me as odd is the date! I must not be doing some sort of maintenance on the db.

      Anyone have a clue or point me in the right direction on what I should be doing? (other then opening a ticket, which I’ll probably do anyway).

      Thanks

      Jay

    • Pat Hicok
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

        That is your database file.  Deleting it will render your database unusable.

        It’s huge for a reason.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

          Yeah, but should it hold data from 2yrs ago?

          I’m wondering if I’m not running some purging utility, or I have an infinite log setting or is this normal.

          Don’t worry, I’m not deleting it... just questioning my setup. J

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

            Jay,

            I think this may be a ‘copy’ of your original ctm_data.dat file.

            I thought Sybase held those files in a different location—like under the SYBASE subdirectory.