Re: Control M Replacement

  • adeheus@de.redwoodsw.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Mike,

      have you already replace CtrlM with UC4? I did look at the replies to
      your message and was indeed wondering why you should replace CtrlM by
      UC4. If however you also want to manage applications like SAP or Ora
      Apps you might want to look at www.redwoodsoftware.com 's Cronacle.

      Anjo

      --- In Control-X@y..., hick1977@y... wrote:
      > We are strongly considering UC4 for our entire scheduling needs
      (NT,
      > UNIX, Tandem, OS/390).
      >
      > We believe in the architecture of UC4. The control M architecture
      > seems to be a bit overwhelming. We feel that while control m is a
      > good mainframe scheduler, we are not comfortable with it as an
      > enterprise solution. Too many servers too many databases. To many
      > points of failure.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In Control-X@y..., itopssupport@b... wrote:
      > > Mike, what product are you looking at for mainframe scheduling?
      > >

      > > Roger Bruce,
      > > IT Product Support,
      > > Bendigo Bank Ltd
      > > +61-3-54339226
      > >
      > > "A common mistake people make when trying to design something
      > completely
      > > foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -
      > Douglas
      > > Adams

      OS/390.

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=190462.1393721.2979173.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700006
      > 559:N/
      > > A=551014/?http://www.debticated.com> www.debticated.com
      > >
      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      > M=190462.1393721.2979173.2/D=egroupmail/S=17
      > > 00006559:N/A=551014/rand=348527737>
      > >
      > > Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
      > > http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html
      > <http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html> DO NOT
      > > Spam this list or any members. To unsubscribe go to
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > > <http://www.onelist.com> and click on User Center. Not
      affiliated
      > with BMC
      > > Software.

      > > This communication is intended only for use of the addressee and
      > may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If
      you
      > are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission,
      > distribution or replication of this message is strictly
      prohibited.
      > The legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this email is
      not
      > waivered, lost or destroyed by reason of a mistaken delivery to
      you.
      > If you have received this message in error, we would appreciate
      > immediate notification by telephone and ask that the message be
      > permanently deleted from your system.
      > >
      > > Bendigo Bank

    • Anjo de Heus
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 3, 2001
        i know Ahold's related subisdiaries like Jeronimo Martins and Eurocash are
        using Cronacle from redwood software www.redwoodsoftware.com . Are you using
        CtrlM?

        All though I like CTM/ECS you may want to take a look at Sys*Admiral at
        www.tidalsoft.com

        Robert N Wilson
        Lead Infrastructure Architect
        Ahold Information Services

        Phone: 864-987-4744
        Fax: 864-987-1666
        Email: Robert.Wilson@...

        Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
        http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
        Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

      • Robert Wilson

          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 3, 2001
            i do apologyse

            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 3, 2001

            • SAP_NEW@gmx.de
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 3, 2001
                Hi,
                we are using ControlM and quite satisfied with it.
                Does anybody know if UC4 is able to start jobs which are scheduled in SAP
                via SM36 ?
                We had a look on Cronacle but it doesn't seem to be better than ControlM.

                Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely

                Thilo Kupfernagel
                CompuNet Computer Distribution
                SAP Organization
                Europaring 34-40, 50170 Kerpen, Germany
                Phone: 02273/597-7416, ,
                E-Mail : Thilo.Kupfernagel@...
                Visit us on the Internet: http://www.gecits-eu.com

                This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
                you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
                If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
                immediately by return email and delete the document.

                adeheus@... on 03.12.2001 17:26:58

                Please respond to Control-X@yahoogroups.com

                To: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
                cc:

              • mark.francome@globetech.ch
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 4, 2001
                  The SEA site gives a quick mention to their UC4-SAP/R3 integration -

                  "SAP R/3 jobs can be fully integrated in UC4 job networks. After
                  completion of an R/3 job the corresponding job protocol is available
                  in the UC4 environment. The UC4 executor XBP is SAP ceritfied and
                  supports all neccessary functions of the XBP interface. Further
                  functionality is realised trough the RFC- and ABAP-IV interfaces."

                  The scheduler looks OK, and they claim to be an alternative to
                  Control-M - but they seem to missing some of the very useful features
                  that you get with Control-M (like 'shout' messages, AutoEdit
                  variables, etc). They might have alternatives (to these features) in
                  the product, but they don't get mentioned on the web site.

                  I can't see why (from a technical point of view) anyone would want to
                  install this as a replacement for Control-M.

                  Mark.