Scheduling New working day

  • pugliesej
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Hello All,
      Have an issue,
      Am running ControlM/EM 6.2,

      Am being asked to schedule a job for 1st WORKING day at 5am,
      HOWEVER
      our new day is at 6am.

      Figured I need to schedule something like this;
      L01
      and
      1,2,3,4,5

      BUT
      this will ONLY work when last day falls on a Mon - Fri,
      in June last day was Saturday so this needed to shift to Sunday,
      But can't figure out this shifting thing.

      Can someone help, please.

      Joe
    • steve_knapp@spartanstores.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007

        Don't know what system you are on, but it works basically the same whether mainframe or distributed.  Use the "L01" only (drop the "AND 1,2,3,4,5") against a calendar with "all days" in it.  Then use a confirm calendar (CONFCAL) that only has Mondays through Fridays in it, with a shift to the first previous available working day (<) which will always be a Friday, unless you are also not running on Friday holidays in that confirm calendar when it would move to Thursday.  Since the first definition will always resolve OK, it is the confirm calendar that keeps it from running on the weekend.

        "pugliesej" <pugliesej@...>
        Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com

        07/02/2007 10:20 AM

        Please respond to
        Control-X@yahoogroups.com

        Control-X@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [Control-X] Scheduling New working day

        Hello All,
        Have an issue,
        Am running ControlM/EM 6.2,

        Am being asked to schedule a job for 1st WORKING day at 5am,
        HOWEVER
        our new day is at 6am.

        Figured I need to schedule something like this;
        L01
        and
        1,2,3,4,5

        BUT
        this will ONLY work when last day falls on a Mon - Fri,
        in June last day was Saturday so this needed to shift to Sunday,
        But can't figure out this shifting thing.

        Can someone help, please.

        Joe

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:Control-X-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:Control-X-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • steve_knapp@spartanstores.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007

          Sorry Joe.  I guess I read this wrong since I now see you want it to run on the first day, not the last one.  While my previous post was wrong to accomplish that you should be able to see the concept and send the job the other way as desired using CONFCAL.  Just make sure the confirm calendar has what you want in it to get there without the rest.

        • Dan.Drake@OneAmerica.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
            Joe, we ended up creating a separate calendar for those early morning jobs
            that looks just like our WORKDAY calendar, but with everything, including
            holidays, shifted back one day. It is basically a Sunday -Thursday
            calendar. There may be a way to do it without a calendar, but we haven't
            figured it out yet.

            Steve's suggestion appears to work just like a D01 on a WORKDAY calendar,
            doesn't get the job to schedule the day before the first workday to run
            before newday on workday 1.

            Dan Drake
            Operations Analyst, Computer Operations
            American United Life Insurance
            a OneAmerica Company
            P.O.Box 368
            Indianapolis, IN 46206
            (317) 285-1969
            dan.drake@...

            steve_knapp@spart
            anstores.com
            Sent by: To
            Control-X@yahoogr Control-X@yahoogroups.com
            oups.com cc
            Control-X@yahoogroups.com
            Subject
            07/02/2007 10:51 Re: [Control-X] Scheduling New
            AM working day

            Please respond to
            Control-X@yahoogr
            oups.com

            Sorry Joe. I guess I read this wrong since I now see you want it to run on
            the first day, not the last one. While my previous post was wrong to
            accomplish that you should be able to see the concept and send the job the
            other way as desired using CONFCAL. Just make sure the confirm calendar
            has what you want in it to get there without the rest.

            "pugliesej" <pugliesej@...>
            Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
            Control-X@yahoogroups.com
            07/02/2007 10:20 AM cc

            Subject
            Please respond to [Control-X] Scheduling New
            Control-X@yahoogroups.com working day

            Hello All,
            Have an issue,
            Am running ControlM/EM 6.2,

            Am being asked to schedule a job for 1st WORKING day at 5am,
            HOWEVER
            our new day is at 6am.

            Figured I need to schedule something like this;
            L01
            and
            1,2,3,4,5

            BUT
            this will ONLY work when last day falls on a Mon - Fri,
            in June last day was Saturday so this needed to shift to Sunday,
            But can't figure out this shifting thing.

            Can someone help, please.

            Joe

            Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
            http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
            Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. Any interception may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the document.