Send Mail with attachment

  • lackl
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hello group,
      Is it possible when a job sends an e-mail to send an attachment too?

      I checked but could not locate something, so I thing this cannot be
      done....

      If anyone has any ideas it would be nice.

      Kind Regards
      Dimitris
    • Ian Butler
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
        Dimitris,
        Yes it can be done, and it is relatively easy.

        Here is some reference, do some searching and you will find.

        Standard SMTP reference guide will se you through the rest.
        Regards
        Ian Butler
        Zurich Financial Services Australia
        Team Leader Server Automation Group

        Phone: 9995 4904
        Fax: 9995 4966

        "There never was a chip, it is said, that Bill Gates couldn't slow down
        with a new batch of features"

        "lackl"
        <dkaris@...
        Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
        Control-X@yahoogr cc
        oups.com
        Subject
        [Control-X] Send Mail with
        02/04/2007 07:26 attachment
        PM

        Please respond to
        Control-X@yahoogr
        oups.com

        Hello group,
        Is it possible when a job sends an e-mail to send an attachment too?

        I checked but could not locate something, so I thing this cannot be
        done....

        If anyone has any ideas it would be nice.

        Kind Regards
        Dimitris

        ----
        This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain information which is confidential, commercially sensitive, or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents, or take any action in reliance. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any attachments for viruses and other defects.
        To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its associates will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this communication including any file attachments. We may monitor email you send to us, either as a reply to this email or any email you send to us, to confirm our systems are protected and for compliance with company policies. Although we take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of our email systems, we do not warrant the confidentiality or security of email or attachments we receive.
      • Dimitris Karistinos
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
          As I understand those are not options that are available through Control-M but something that should be written as add on for the SMTP Service

          Am I correct?

          Regards
          Dimitris

          On 4/2/07, Ian Butler <ian.butler@...> wrote:

[...]

        • markssf
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
            The latest version has this (6.3.1) but, from comments posted, I
            believe you can only do this for 'ok' jobs. However, if you have an
            earlier version of Control-M then it is possible to do this ... full
            details via the Files>documents (send sysout via email) link on the
            left of this page.

            --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@...>
            wrote:

> [...]
            > > you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
            and delete
            > > the message. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any
            > > attachments for viruses and other defects.
            > > To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its associates will
            not be
            > > liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this
            communication
            > > including any file attachments. We may monitor email you send to
            us, either
            > > as a reply to this email or any email you send to us, to confirm
            our systems
            > > are protected and for compliance with company policies. Although
            we take
            > > reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of our
            email systems,
            > > we do not warrant the confidentiality or security of email or

          • Dimitris Karistinos
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
              Thank you for the info....I have 6.2.01 version...

              Were is the link you are refering to? Do you mean the Control-M manuals? I will search again

              If not please point me to that link you said.

              Kind Regards
              Dimitris

              wrote:

> [...]

              > > you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
              and delete
              > > the message. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any
              > > attachments for viruses and other defects.
              > > To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its associates will
              not be
              > > liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this
              communication
              > > including any file attachments. We may monitor email you send to
              us, either
              > > as a reply to this email or any email you send to us, to confirm
              our systems
              > > are protected and for compliance with company policies. Although
              we take
              > > reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of our
              email systems,
              > > we do not warrant the confidentiality or security of email or

            • Dimitris Karistinos
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
                I found the link you were refering....

                Thanks I will check it

                BR
                Dimitris

              • PHicok@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
                  Mark,

                  That's not 100% correct.  The "SYSOUT" is set at a global level, in that it's either always ON or always OFF.  If you turn it ON (via Config setting), anytime you use "DO MAIL", the sysout is attached. This means you can say:

                  [ON] NOTOK
                  [DO] MAIL  .... etc

                  or

                  [ON] Runcount > 14
                  [DO] Mail .....etc

                  The important thing to remember is that if you enable the Attach Sysout, it will occur with each and every DO MAIL.

                  I hope this helps

                  ~~Pat

                  From: "markssf" <mark@...>

                  wrote:

                  > As I understand those are not options that are available through
                  Control-M
                  > but something that should be written as add on for the SMTP Service
                  >

                  > Am I correct?
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Dimitris
                  >

                  > On 4/2/07, Ian Butler <ian.butler@ ...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Dimitris,
                  > > Yes it can be done, and it is relatively easy.
                  > >
                  > > Here is some reference, do some searching and you will find.
                  &g t; >
                  > > filename = "xxxxxxxxxxx"
                  > > Content-Transfer- Encoding: xxxxxxxx
                  > >
                  > > Standard SMTP reference guide will se you through the rest.
                  > > Regards
                  > > Ian Butler
                  > > Zurich Financial Services Australia
                  > > Team Leader Server Automation Group
                  > >
                  > > Phone: 9995 4904
                  > > Fax: 9995 4966
                  > >
                  > > "There never was a chip, it is said, that Bill Gates couldn't
                  slow down
                  > > with a new batch of features"
                  > >
                  > > "lackl"
                  > > <dkaris@... <dkaris%40gmail. com>
                  > > Sent by: Control-X@yahoogrou ps.com <Control-X%40yahoog roups.com>
                  > > Control-X@yahoogr cc
                  > > oups.com
                  > > Subject
                  > > [Contr ol-X] Send Mail with
                  > > 02/04/2007 07:26 attachment
                  > > PM
                  > >

                  > > Please respond to
                  > > Control-X@yahoogr
                  > > oups.com
                  > >

                  > > Hello group,
                  > > Is it possible when a job sends an e-mail to send an attachment
                  too?

                  > > I checked but could not locate something, so I thing this cannot
                  be
                  > > done....
                  > >
                  > > If anyone has any ideas it would be nice.
                  > >
                  > > Kind Regards
                  > > Dimitris
                  > >
                  > > ----
                  > > This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may
                  contain
                  > > information which is confidential, commercially sensitive, or
                  copyright. If
                  > > you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or
                  distribute any
                  > > part of the email, disclose its contents, or take any action in
                  reliance. If
                  > > you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
                  and delete
                  > > the message. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any
                  > > attachments for viruses and other defects.
                  > > To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its associates will
                  not be
                  > > liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this
                  communication
                  > > including any file attachments. We may monitor email you send to
                  us, either
                  > > as a reply to this email or any email you send to us, to confirm
                  our systems
                  > > are protected and for compliance with company policies. Although
                  we take
                  > > reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of our
                  email systems,
                  > > we do not warrant the confidentiality or security of email or
                  attachments we
                  > > receive.

                • Joe
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2007
                    Check http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Control-
                    X/files/documents/do_send_sysout.doc. I have used this example to
                    send the job sysout with a DO MAIL for failed jobs on CTM 6.1.03 for
                    UNIX.

                    wrote:

                    > I found the link you were refering....
                    >
                    > Thanks I will check it
                    >
                    > BR
                    > Dimitris
                    >

                    > On 4/2/07, Dimitris Karistinos <dkaris@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thank you for the info....I have 6.2.01 version...
                    > >
                    > > Were is the link you are refering to? Do you mean the Control-M
                    manuals? I
                    > > will search again
                    > >
                    > > If not please point me to that link you said.
                    > >
                    > > Kind Regards
                    > > Dimitris
                    > >

                    > > On 02 Apr 2007 05:40:37 -0700, markssf <mark@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > The latest version has this (6.3.1) but, from comments
                    posted, I
                    > > > believe you can only do this for 'ok' jobs. However, if you
                    have an
                    > > > earlier version of Control-M then it is possible to do
                    this ... full
                    > > > details via the Files>documents (send sysout via email) link
                    on the
                    > > > left of this page.
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com <Control-X%40yahoogroups.com>,

                    > > > Control-M