creating a job definition

  • dadam@gratex.sk
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
      Hi folks,
      CTM/Server on Windows NT
      CTM/Agent on Windows NT

      Is there a way to create a job definition using CTM/Server ? I can do this using CTM/Desktop, which is included in Enterprise ControlStation.
      There is ctmcreate utility, but that creates and schedules the job immediately.
      How can I do this ?

      Thanks
      Daniel
    • ian.butler@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
        Daniel,
        Unfortunately, ECS or CTM desktop are the only ways to generate a Job
        defintion
        (other than CTMCREATE.exe).
        I find this a little sad that you require either of these products, surely
        CTM/Server
        should have a utility (CTMJOBDEF) to do this! But I guess the powers that be
        believe selling multiple products is more important.
        Regards,
        Ian Butler

        dadam@... on 05/10/99 22:41:34

        Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

        To: Control-X@onelist.com
        cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)
        Subject: [Control-X] creating a job definition

        From: dadam@...

        Hi folks,
        CTM/Server on Windows NT
        CTM/Agent on Windows NT

        Is there a way to create a job definition using CTM/Server ? I can do this using
        CTM/Desktop, which is included in Enterprise ControlStation.
        There is ctmcreate utility, but that creates and schedules the job immediately.
        How can I do this ?

        Thanks
        Daniel

        Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
        http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
        affiliated with BMC Software.
      • ian.butler@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
          Andy,
          Please DO NOT read or take to HEART the last line.
          It sounded good when I wrote it, not so good when I read it.
          Ian

          ian.butler@... on 06/10/99 15:34:05

          Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

          To: Control-X@onelist.com
          cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)
          Subject: Re: [Control-X] creating a job definition

          From: <ian.butler@...>

          Daniel,
          Unfortunately, ECS or CTM desktop are the only ways to generate a Job
          defintion
          (other than CTMCREATE.exe).
          I find this a little sad that you require either of these products, surely
          CTM/Server
          should have a utility (CTMJOBDEF) to do this! But I guess the powers that be
          believe selling multiple products is more important.
          Regards,
          Ian Butler

          dadam@... on 05/10/99 22:41:34

          Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

          To: Control-X@onelist.com
          cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
            Hi CTX,

            CTMDEFINE is the utility you are looking for. Details are on p2-15 of the
            Admin Guide (Ch 2). Extract follows:

            ctmdefine is an API (Application-Program Interface) utility which allows a
            Job
            Processing definition to be added to a Scheduling table in the CONTROL-M
            database. This utility can be used when converting job scheduling
            information
            from other job control products to CONTROL-M. The function performed by this
            utility is equivalent to the manual process of creating Job Processing
            definitions,
            described in Chapter 7, Creating and Maintaining Job Processing Definitions,
            in
            the Enterprise Controlstation User Guide.

            Hope this helps. For more advice, talk to BMC Help Desk or your Account
            Manager.

            Thanks and regards,

            anon.

            Unfortunately, ECS or CTM desktop are the only ways to generate a Job
            defintion
            (other than CTMCREATE.exe).
            I find this a little sad that you require either of these products, surely
            CTM/Server
            should have a utility (CTMJOBDEF) to do this! But I guess the powers that
            be
            believe selling multiple products is more important.
            Regards,
            Ian Butler

            dadam@... on 05/10/99 22:41:34

            Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

            To: Control-X@onelist.com
            cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
              No worries.

              Please DO NOT read or take to HEART the last line.
              It sounded good when I wrote it, not so good when I read it.
              Ian

              ian.butler@... on 06/10/99 15:34:05

              Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

              To: Control-X@onelist.com
              cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)

              From: <ian.butler@...>

              Daniel,
              Unfortunately, ECS or CTM desktop are the only ways to generate a Job
              defintion
              (other than CTMCREATE.exe).
              I find this a little sad that you require either of these products, surely
              CTM/Server
              should have a utility (CTMJOBDEF) to do this! But I guess the powers that
              be
              believe selling multiple products is more important.
              Regards,
              Ian Butler

              dadam@... on 05/10/99 22:41:34

              Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

              To: Control-X@onelist.com
              cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)