Variables in report

  • Grammo, Mark D.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Variables in report

      Hey group,

      I am running the emreportcli in EM and would like to have a variable in the ARG file.  Does anyone know how a Control-M variable can be inserted into this file?

      Mark

      Mark D. Grammo
      Team Lead Production Control
      Airline Tariff Publishing Company
      45005 Aviation Drive
      Dulles, VA  20166

      Work  (703)471-7510 x1398
      Fax     (703)661-8061

    • Campbell, Andrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007

        Mark,

        I presume you mean variables in addition to the documented {date}, {time}, and {counter}.  There is no way for CONTROL-M to parse the ARG file, so you will have to build it dynamically.  This could be done crudely by running a script that does echo commands using text + command-line variables to create the ARG file, and then finally running the emreportcli.  Something like :-

        echo ^<!DOCTYPE ReportDefinitions SYSTEM "emreportcli.dtd"^> > myARGfile

        echo ^<ReportDefinitions^>

        >> myARGfile

        echo ^<ReportDefinition^>

        >> myARGfile

        echo ^<SourceFile templateName="%1%"/^> >> myARGfile

        echo ^<OutputFile type="PDF" filepath="%2%"/^> >> myARGfile

        echo ^<Parameters^>

        >> myARGfile

        echo ^<Parameter name="MY_PARAM" value="%3%*"/^> >> myARGfile

        echo ^<Parameter name="Application" value="a*"/^> >> myARGfile

        echo ^</Parameters^>

        >> myARGfile

        echo ^</ReportDefinition^>

        >> myARGfile

        echo ^</ReportDefinitions^>

        >> myARGfile

        emreportcli -pf password_filename -s EM_server -arg myARGfile

        If you run this via an Agent on the EM client with AutoEdit Inline turned on, you could directly refer to AutoEdits (eg %JOBNAME%) rather than having to pass them in as command-line arguments.

        Cheers,

        Andrew