Control-M : Job Documentation

  • Bonnie Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      I've had great responses from this group on my first couple of
      questions - thanks ! Here's one that's a bit tougher, I think.

      We want to be able to use the Documentation function from the drop-
      down list in ECS. Has anyone been able to use anything other than
      files on the Agent platform for Doc Lib/Mem ? Can we somehow point
      to files on a LAN or web server ?
    • Ted Stout
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hi Bonnie,

        The best way to do this would be to point to a file on a NFS server
        mounted on the agent. There are servers that can handle both Unix and
        NT mounts. That way if the job runs on a different agent or you decide
        that another server needs to run the same jobs, i.e. Database backups,
        they can simply be copied and all the documentation will travel with
        them.

        Let me know if this helps.
        Ted Stout

        --- In Control-X@y..., "Bonnie Miller" <bonnie_miller@y...> wrote:
        > I've had great responses from this group on my first couple of
        > questions - thanks ! Here's one that's a bit tougher, I think.
        >
        > We want to be able to use the Documentation function from the drop-
        > down list in ECS. Has anyone been able to use anything other than
        > files on the Agent platform for Doc Lib/Mem ? Can we somehow point
        > to files on a LAN or web server ?
      • Richard W. Sherman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
          HEY MAN!! I accidentally deleted your phone number...

          Shoot it to me again por favor.
          --- Ted Stout <stouttt@...> wrote:
          > Hi Bonnie,
          >
          > The best way to do this would be to point to a
          > file on a NFS server
          > mounted on the agent. There are servers that can
          > handle both Unix and
          > NT mounts. That way if the job runs on a different
          > agent or you decide
          > that another server needs to run the same jobs, i.e.
          > Database backups,
          > they can simply be copied and all the documentation
          > will travel with
          > them.
          >
          > Let me know if this helps.
          > Ted Stout
          >
          > --- In Control-X@y..., "Bonnie Miller"
          > <bonnie_miller@y...> wrote:
          > > I've had great responses from this group on my
          > first couple of
          > > questions - thanks ! Here's one that's a bit
          > tougher, I think.
          > >
          > > We want to be able to use the Documentation
          > function from the drop-
          > > down list in ECS. Has anyone been able to use
          > anything other than
          > > files on the Agent platform for Doc Lib/Mem ? Can
          > we somehow point
          > > to files on a LAN or web server ?

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com