FYI on ISPF PACK ON for PDS/PDSE

  • e526cla
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      We had a user setup a new JCL and requested to be scheduled under
      Control-M. It failed the first time it ran due to NO JOBCARD. We
      search and search and found no issues with this JCL or the job
      definition. After several hours of research, we finally pin down this
      ISPF PACK ON feature. It's an old PROFILE that you can compact your
      data under a member of a PDS/PDSE. When PACK is ON, regardless of
      what scheduler you use, it will fail since the JCL had been compacted
      (no spaces). Hope this will help some of you in the future.

      Frankie