Control-O Server 2.50 FD3250 level 9905

  • johnny.figueroa@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 1999
      We were wondering if anyone else on the list was using O Server 2.50.

      This is the Control-O/PC replacement. As you may know O/PC runs on OS/2,
      O Server is the NT version of the product.

      If you are converting from O/PC to O Server or
      are just working with O Server, we would love to hear from you
      and exchange experiences.

      Thanks

      Johnny A. Figueroa
      Enterprise Automation
      Banner Health Arizona, formerly Samaritan Health System
      (602) 495-4288
      Johnny.Figueroa@...
    • Ian.Butler@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 12, 1999
        Johnny,
        We have converted from Control O/PC to Control/O Server.
        Although at the moment we are experiencing a slight glitche,
        (possible memory creep) which is currently with Israel.
        Any questions by all means let me know, and
        I will endevour to answer them for you.
        Regards
        Ian Butler

        johnny.figueroa@... on 11/09/99 06:00:29

        Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

        To: Control-X@onelist.com
        cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)
        Subject: [Control-X] Control-O Server 2.50 FD3250 level 9905

        From: johnny.figueroa@...

        We were wondering if anyone else on the list was using O Server 2.50.

        This is the Control-O/PC replacement. As you may know O/PC runs on OS/2,
        O Server is the NT version of the product.

        If you are converting from O/PC to O Server or
        are just working with O Server, we would love to hear from you
        and exchange experiences.

        Thanks

        Johnny A. Figueroa
        Enterprise Automation
        Banner Health Arizona, formerly Samaritan Health System
        (602) 495-4288
        Johnny.Figueroa@...

        Enter ONElist's Friends & Family Program
        WIN $100 to Amazon.com! Through Sept. 17. To enter, click here

        affiliated with BMC Software.
      • Figueroa, Johnny
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 1999
          I am sort of glad to hear that...

          I installed O Server on my PC and it crashes at least once a
          day doing different things. (Running a login script, handling multiple
          alerts at the same time,...)

          While I have a number of rules and sessions defined to it,
          it is nothing like the load it will have for production.

          Please let me know how it goes, specially if you are given
          any patches or new releases and I will do the same.

          Thanks

          Johnny Figueroa
          Information Services
          Enterprise Automation
          Samaritan Health System
          Voice: (602) 495-4288
          Fax: (602) 495-4406
          mailto:johnny.figueroa@...
          <mailto:johnny.figueroa@...>

          From: <Ian.Butler@...>

          Johnny,
          We have converted from Control O/PC to
          Control/O Server.
          Although at the moment we are
          experiencing a slight glitche,
          (possible memory creep) which is
          currently with Israel.
          Any questions by all means let me know,
          and
          I will endevour to answer them for you.
          Regards
          Ian Butler

          johnny.figueroa@... on 11/09/99
          06:00:29

          Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

          To: Control-X@onelist.com
          cc: (bcc: Ian Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)
          Subject: [Control-X] Control-O Server 2.50
          FD3250 level 9905

          From: johnny.figueroa@...

          --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
          ----------------------------

          Enter ONElist's Friends & Family Program
          WIN $100 to Amazon.com! Through Sept. 17.
          To enter, click here
          ">Click Here</a>

          click on User Center. Not
          affiliated with BMC Software.

          --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
          ----------------------------

          Announcing the ONElist Hawaiian Sweepstakes!
          Enter to win a trip for two to Hawaii!
          Click here:
          http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/hawaii3 ">Click Here</a>

          User Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.
        • Ian.Butler@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 1999
            Johnny,
            Just a couple of things:-
            Are you running NT4 SP3?
            What version of REXX have you installed, OBJECT REXX?
            We have 2 dedicated servers running Control/O Server (dev, prod), they
            only seem to lockup when paging routines are hit with a heavy load.
            Will certainly keep you informed when Israel get back to me.

            Looking forward to swapping ideas/issues with you.
            Regards
            Ian Butler
            Technical Operations
            Enterprise Server Automation Group
            Phone : 02 9911 4904
            Email : ian.butler@...

            "Figueroa, Johnny" <Johnny.Figueroa@...> on 14/09/99 00:54:52

            Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

            To: "'Control-X@onelist.com'" <Control-X@onelist.com>
            cc: "Ward, Robin" <Robin.Ward@...> (bcc: Ian
            Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)

            From: johnny.figueroa@...

[...]

            ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
            For details and to order, go to:

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 1999
              We will be running NT 4.0 SP5 for production.

              We will be running Object REXX from IBM. It is premature for
              me to comment on REXX since I have not done any testing.

              My initial thought was that it is just not quite ready, but
              we need to be out of OS/2 (O/PC) before Y2K.

              Let's keep in touch.

              Thanks

              Johnny Figueroa
              Information Services
              Enterprise Automation
              Samaritan Health System
              Voice: (602) 495-4288
              Fax: (602) 495-4406
              mailto:johnny.figueroa@...
              <mailto:johnny.figueroa@...>

              What version of REXX have you installed,
              OBJECT REXX?
              We have 2 dedicated servers running
              Control/O Server (dev, prod), they
              only seem to lockup when paging routines
              are hit with a heavy load.
              Will certainly keep you informed when
              Israel get back to me.

              Looking forward to swapping ideas/issues
              with you.
              Regards
              Ian Butler
              Technical Operations
              Enterprise Server Automation Group
              Phone : 02 9911 4904
              Email : ian.butler@...

              "Figueroa, Johnny"
              <Johnny.Figueroa@...> on 14/09/99 00:54:52

              Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

              To: "'Control-X@onelist.com'"
              <Control-X@onelist.com>
              cc: "Ward, Robin"
              <Robin.Ward@...> (bcc: Ian
              Butler/HO/Australia/Zurich)
              Subject: RE: [Control-X] Control-O Server
              2.50 FD3250 level 9905

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 14, 1999
                Johnny,

                Make sure you download and install the Object REXX maintenance from
                IBM. Current level is 1.0.3
                You can tell what you are by issuing:
                C:\>rexx /v
                IBM Object REXX Interpreter Version 1.0.3.0
                Build date: May 18 1999
                Copyright (c) IBM Corporation 1996, 1999. All Rights Reserved.

                Regards,
                Bob Stark

                At 04:23 PM 9/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
                >From: "Figueroa, Johnny" <Johnny.Figueroa@...>
                >
                > We will be running NT 4.0 SP5 for production.
                >
                > We will be running Object REXX from IBM. It is premature for
                >me to comment on REXX since I have not done any testing.
                >
                > My initial thought was that it is just not quite ready, but
                >we need to be out of OS/2 (O/PC) before Y2K.
                >
                > Let's keep in touch.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Johnny Figueroa
                > Information Services
                > Enterprise Automation
                > Samaritan Health System
                > Voice: (602) 495-4288
                > Fax: (602) 495-4406
                > mailto:johnny.figueroa@...
                ><mailto:johnny.figueroa@...>

                Bob Stark [ProTech - When you're serious about Systems Management]
                www.protechpts.com 800-373-9188 x150
              • Figueroa, Johnny
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 15, 1999
                  That's the one we have. Thanks