OS/390 /*ROUTE PRINT NODE

  • e526cla
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Anyone uses /*ROUTE PRINT NODE cards in their JCL under CA7? If so,
      how are you converting them to Control-M format under the job def.

      We're able to do this if it going to a class that does not get routed
      to SAR. We are having problem using the SYSOUT OP field only if the
      MSGCLASS is set to go to SAR because SAR take the output before CTM
      can move it.

      Any suggestions, we've tried almost evrything even BMC could not come
      up with a solution right now. So I'll take any ideas.

      Thanks in advance

      Frankie

      Federal Reserve Bank
    • craig.l.kelling@sherwin.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005

        We had some issues and worked them out with out statements in the JCL

        //OUTVLST OUTPUT DEFAULT=YES,JESDS=ALL,DEST=LOCAL
        //OUTESF OUTPUT DEFAULT=YES,JESDS=ALL,DEST=ESF5,WRITER=ESF5LOG1

        "e526cla" <frankie.lam@...>
        Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com

        08/01/2005 11:04 AM
        Please respond to Control-X

                To:        Control-X@yahoogroups.com
                cc:
                Subject:        [Control-X] OS/390 /*ROUTE PRINT NODE

        Hi,

        Anyone uses /*ROUTE PRINT NODE cards in their JCL under CA7?  If so,
        how are you converting them to Control-M format under the job def.

        We're able to do this if it going to a class that does not get routed
        to SAR.  We are having problem using the SYSOUT OP field only if the
        MSGCLASS is set to go to SAR because SAR take the output before CTM
        can move it.

        Any suggestions, we've tried almost evrything even BMC could not come
        up with a solution right now.  So I'll take any ideas.

        Thanks in advance

        Frankie

        Federal Reserve Bank

        Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
        http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To unsubscribe go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Control-X and click on User Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

        Operating system software Software operating system network Window operating system software
        Control-m Operating system

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • dan_drake@aul.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          Don't have CA7 or SAR, but I do have an idea. If you change the MSGCLASS on
          all the jobs going to SAR, so ControlM can look at at the JCL first,
          ControlM ought to be able to change the class back to one SAR can retrieve.

          Something similar happens you drop the JCL into the print queue and there
          is an open printer, the JCL will print before ControlM can figure out if
          the job ran okay.

          "e526cla"
          <frankie.lam@frit
          .frb.org> To
          Sent by: Control-X@yahoogroups.com
          Control-X@yahoogr cc
          oups.com
          Subject
          [Control-X] OS/390 /*ROUTE PRINT
          08/01/2005 10:04 NODE
          AM

          Please respond to
          Control-X@yahoogr
          oups.com

          Hi,

          Anyone uses /*ROUTE PRINT NODE cards in their JCL under CA7? If so,
          how are you converting them to Control-M format under the job def.

          We're able to do this if it going to a class that does not get routed
          to SAR. We are having problem using the SYSOUT OP field only if the
          MSGCLASS is set to go to SAR because SAR take the output before CTM
          can move it.

          Any suggestions, we've tried almost evrything even BMC could not come
          up with a solution right now. So I'll take any ideas.

          Thanks in advance

          Frankie

          Federal Reserve Bank

          Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
          http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any members. To
          Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

          Operating system Software operating Window operating
          software system network system software

          Control-m Operating system

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Control-X" on the web.

          This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. Any interception may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the document.
        • e526cla
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
            Finally got it figure out.

            sysout op N NODENAME FROM 1
            do sysout C PRM L FROM 1
            do sysout R FROM 1

            This release the msgclass=1 and moved to the routed lpar and change
            the msgclass to L, which is our SAR class.

            Now I need to figure out how to use the D to delete the output from
            the executing lpar.

            I think is this:
            do sysout D FROM 1
            do sysout D FROM O,which is the CTM ouptut class..

            Frankie

            <frankie.lam@frit
            X@yahoogroups.com
            > Control-
            X@yahoogr cc

            oups.com

            Subject
            > [Control-X] OS/390 /*ROUTE
            PRINT
            > 08/01/2005 10:04
            NODE

            AM

            > Please respond
            > Control-
            X@yahoogr

            oups.com

            > Hi,
            >
            > Anyone uses /*ROUTE PRINT NODE cards in their JCL under CA7? If
            so,
            > how are you converting them to Control-M format under the job def.
            >
            > We're able to do this if it going to a class that does not get
            routed
            > to SAR. We are having problem using the SYSOUT OP field only if
            the
            > MSGCLASS is set to go to SAR because SAR take the output before CTM
            > can move it.
            >
            > Any suggestions, we've tried almost evrything even BMC could not
            come
            > up with a solution right now. So I'll take any ideas.
            >
            > Thanks in advance
            >
            > Frankie
            >
            > Federal Reserve Bank
            >

            > Control-X email list does not tolerate spam. For more information
            > http://s390.8m.com/controlm.html DO NOT Spam this list or any
            members. To
            > unsubscribe go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Control-X and
            click on User
            > Center. Not affiliated with BMC Software.

            > Operating system Software operating Window operating
            > software system network system software
            >
            > Control-m Operating system
            >

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > Visit your group "Control-X" on the web.

            Service.