22331Re: [Control-X] Re: Best way to zip up multi files

  • Johnnie Salyer
    Jul 14, 2014
      Thanks. I will give it a whirl tomorrow!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 14, 2014, at 4:24 PM, "dcompane@... [Control-X]" <Control-X@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Johnnie!

      depending on what you want to do, this may work. Try using the command "compact" on a command line job

      c:\> help compact

      Displays or alters the compression of files on NTFS partitions.

      COMPACT [/C | /U] [/S[:dir]] [/A] [/I] [/F] [/Q] [filename [...]]

        /C        Compresses the specified files.  Directories will be marked
                  so that files added afterward will be compressed.
        /U        Uncompresses the specified files.  Directories will be marked
                  so that files added afterward will not be compressed.
        /S        Performs the specified operation on files in the given
                  directory and all subdirectories.  Default "dir" is the
                  current directory.
        /A        Displays files with the hidden or system attributes.  These
                  files are omitted by default.
        /I        Continues performing the specified operation even after errors
                  have occurred.  By default, COMPACT stops when an error is
        /F        Forces the compress operation on all specified files, even
                  those which are already compressed.  Already-compressed files
                  are skipped by default.
        /Q        Reports only the most essential information.
        filename  Specifies a pattern, file, or directory.

        Used without parameters, COMPACT displays the compression state of
        the current directory and any files it contains. You may use multiple
        filenames and wildcards.  You must put spaces between multiple

      Let us know if this works.

      Otherwise, you may download some utility such as http://www.winzip.com/win/en/downcl.html

       or alike.

      ---In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, <salyer_alex@...> wrote :

      What is the best way to zip up multiple files in a folder (Windows) in Control-M using a script?

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic