The CFI focus is Contemporary Folk art, Internationally. "Folk" bring synonymous to "cultural".
* Not just any outsider or self-promoted art. It must have clearly defined cultural influences and its execution, presentation and/or marketing must involve contemporary approaches.
* Not Americana, as we focus heavily on world cultures.
The CFI theme is contemporary folk, in other words art and artists who draw inspiration and influence from world cultures.
We are in the seed stage of development and will adapt according to the response we receive from members and investors.
Visual Artists worldwide who specialize in contemporary interpretations of ancient folk traditions are urged to join and participate.
Planned CFI resources and projects include:
Online Network: A free e-mail based network for the purpose of communication, planning, collaboration and sharing amongst members.
Online Artist Registry: A free listing that will offer contact information for all members.
Exhibition Cooperatives: An opportunity for artists to pool their resources in order to generate interest in top markets, including trade shows, special projects and installations.
ATTENTION CFI MEMBERS:
To add your information to our listing, please e-mail us with the following info:
- Folk, Self-Taught, and Outsider Art
- Sep 26, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.