Council of Five Nations is looking for volunteers...

  • Ange
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2011
      Hello Northeast Adventure Gamers,

      We're putting the final touches on the Council of Five Nations pre-registration material. It will probably be available tonight. Council 34 is only a month away (October 7-9), and we're looking forward to seeing many of you there.

      We're going to try something new this year, based on some feedback and requests from prior years' attendees. We're going to take a few volunteers to work at Con Staff functions. These would include the Registration table, the Annual Council Discount Auction, and other various duties.

      Volunteers will get free entry and an embroidered Council shirt, just like our volunteer GMs.

      This is a new program for us, and we're still figuring out the best way to handle it, but here's the general plan so far (subject to some tweaking):

      There are two volunteer 'packages':

      Weekend volunteers plan to attend most/all of Council weekend. They work two full time slots and two rush hours (explained below). They get their weekend registration free (just like GMs), meaning they only pay for the event tickets for the games they play.
      Weekend volunteers get to designate two slots they do not want to work, so they can be sure to play in some games of their choice (Council has seven time slots. You work two slots, leaving five for gaming).

      One-Day volunteers plan to attend only one day of Council (probably Saturday). They work one full time slot and one rush hour. They get their one-day registration free, meaning they only pay for the event tickets for the games they play.
      One-day volunteers get to designate one slot they do not want to work (Council Saturday has three time slots. You work one slot, leaving two for gaming).
      We have a limited number of Volunteer opportunities available, so we cannot guarantee to take all who are interested.
      We prefer local Capital District volunteers, as there will probably be a mandatory short training session before Council weekend. But out-of-towners are welcome to apply as well.

      What's a "rush hour"?
      Rush hours are the hour-long periods before or between time slots (8-9am, 1-2pm, 6-7pm). They are our busiest time at the Registration desk. We need the most number of staff working during these times, due to the numbers of people registering and buying event tickets.

      Let us know if you're interested. We figure this is a great way for a few of you to attend Council if money is a factor. Trade some 'sweat equity' for free entry.

      Please reply to this email by September 20th if you're interested. Please also include your phone number in your reply. We'll get back to you to coordinate details.

      Council pre-reg material - coming really soon!