Re: Conrail Number Boards

  • Kris Klemick
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 12, 2005
      --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, "geo" <geo81@a...> wrote:

      > I have all 4 number boards from SD 40-2 6373.

      You also have a pretty nice tribute to the unit as well don't you Geo?
      I remember you sent me shots of the display a few years ago...

      ~Kris
    • Lance
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 14, 2005
        > > I have all 4 number boards from SD 40-2 6373.

        I have a couple.

        1956 (black on white, pair) scrapped last year at JBS
        6108 (black on white, pair) active as NS 8348

        plus NS 7050 (GP50 rblt to GP38-3)(pair)

        I am willing to trade or buy if someone has something I want for good
        price.

        BTW, a locomotive doesn't necessarily have only four numberboards its
        entire life on a railroad. For example, the boards I have from NS
        7050, are not from the last ones it wore before being rebuilt to GP38-
        3. At Juniata, everytime a locomotive is repainted, it gets new
        numberboards. On rare occasions, numberboards are made up, and are
        never applied because the unit skips the paintshop. It's entirely
        possible that another railfan has four 6373 boards, but unlikey.

        With the Spirit of Conrail in the shop for rebuild, I have my guy
        looking into aquiring the numberboards off of her. If he is
        successful, the CRHS will be the proud owner of one of them.

        ~Lance
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 14, 2005
          Ok Guys...Here ya go...This is what I have in my collection:

          All Boards White w/Black numbers:

          (All are set of two unless otherwise noted)

          Road Number :

          CR 1664
          CR 3364
          CR 4124
          CR 5021
          CR 5051 (3)
          CR 5053 (1)
          CR 5080
          CR 5502 (4)
          CR 5544
          CR 5554
          CR 5580
          CR 5594
          CR 5645
          CR 6179
          CR 6502
          CR 6521
          CR 6728
          CR 6761
          CR 6961 (1)
          CR 6973
          CR 8091
          CR 8141
          CR 8213
          CR 8247
          CR 9613

          Dave

          --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Klemick" <conrail6055@y...>
          wrote:

          > Neat idea Wes, also worth mentioning would be if you have the
          entire
          > set, pair or just a single board.
          >
          > ~Kris

        • Kris Klemick
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 14, 2005
            HOLY COW DAVE!!!! Do not sell anymore of those either!!!

            ~Kris
          • Sean McDonnell
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 14, 2005
              I have a pair from both 5652 and 5053.

              Sean McDonnell

              wrote:

              > Neat idea Wes, also worth mentioning would be if you have the
              entire
              > set, pair or just a single board.
              >
              > ~Kris

              Business finance course Business finance online course Business finance class Small business finance Business finance schools Model railroad train

              ---------------------------------

            • Wes Reminder
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 15, 2005
                This a great list so far! It's nice to see that some of them were saved from the being
                junked! Lets keep this list going! I forgot to mention that I also have B23-7 1967 and
                1975...one board each.

                Does anyone have them displayed? I saw the picture of the 6373 display...that looks
                great! I great way to memorialize a great SD40-2!!

                Wes

              • rdgc630@WEBTV.NET
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 15, 2005
                  I have one from the 2177

                  Doug Wetherhold
                  RDG East Penn Branch
                  MP 26.6
                • geo
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 19, 2005
                    Your right Kris.And I keep adding photos when I find them.I also found my
                    photo album with pics of Conrail's OCS.Will send some to you soon as I scan
                    them.
                    geo
                    > > I have all 4 number boards from SD 40-2 6373.
                    >
                    > You also have a pretty nice tribute to the unit as well don't you Geo?
                    > I remember you sent me shots of the display a few years ago...
                    >
                    > ~Kris
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • geo
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 22, 2005
                      Thanks Wes for your complaments.That is my display for 6373.I modeled her
                      in just about every paint pattern she wore.I need to do it in the last CR
                      with the decals on the long hood,and with new nose and ditchlights.
                      geo

                      I saw the picture of the 6373 display...that looks
                      > great! I great way to memorialize a great SD40-2!!
                      >
                      > Wes

                    • jarentzen
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
                        I have a total of 15 boards in my collection. They are as follows:

                        B23-7 1967 - one board (black board, white #)
                        B23-7R 2036 - one board (white board, black #) Super-7 rebuild
                        GP40-2 3327 - one board (white board, black #)
                        GP38AC 7659 - two boards (black board, white #) ex-LV
                        GP38 7679 - one board (black board, white #)
                        GP38 7922 - two boards (black board, white #)
                        GP38 7924 - two boards (white board, black #) brand new boards
                        GP38-2 8047 - two boards (white board, black #) OLS unit
                        GP38-2 8070 - two boards (white board, black #)
                        GP38-2 8239 - one board (black board, white #)

                        -Scott, Philly PA
                      • higgieman1@netscape.net
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
                          jarentzen <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          scottt i have gp38-2's 8205, 15, 25 and 55 all with blck and white numbers gp40-2 3385 , sd50 6794, 6797 and 6816 the same way ansd sd 40-2 6454 with wehite with black numbers

                          >I have a total of 15 boards in my collection.  They are as follows:
                          >
                          >B23-7 1967 - one board (black board, white #)
                          >B23-7R 2036 - one board (white board, black #) Super-7 rebuild
                          >GP40-2 3327 - one board (white board, black #)
                          >GP38AC 7659 - two boards (black board, white #) ex-LV
                          >GP38 7679 - one board (black board, white #)
                          >GP38 7922 - two boards (black board, white #)
                          >GP38 7924 - two boards (white board, black #) brand new boards
                          >GP38-2 8047 - two boards (white board, black #) OLS unit
                          >GP38-2 8070 - two boards (white board, black #)
                          >GP38-2 8239 - one board (black board, white #)
                          >
                          >-Scott, Philly PA

                          Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

                          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                        • geo
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 7, 2006
                            Would anyone have numberboards from 6707 and 6726?
                            And would be willing to trade for a 6373?Let me know.
                            geo