PRR B36-7/B23-7R Status

  • jarentzen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      Whats the status on the B36-7's up at Enola? Some went out on a
      light move not too long ago, but whats happening with them all? Same
      goes for the B23R's...what's going on with them? Heard they are
      going to Ohio Central...true? Thanks for any info.
      -Scott, Philly PA

      PS- Kris, hope to hear some Enola reports from you soon...hopefully
      NS will give you a break one of these days! :)
    • GEEP FORTY
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2002
        The Super-7's are possibly going to a company called Ohi-Rail in East Central
        Ohio. They interchange with WLE and OHCR, there is talk of a powerplant (?)
        being moved online for which they'll need much larger power to handle the coal
        trains to the proposed facility. Currently, they only have 2 operating Alco
        S-units, #101 and #102, both of Fairport, Painesville & Eastern heritage. The
        railroad is based out of Minvera, OH and it's main traffic is car storage. I
        believe there was a recent "Photo Finish" page on the line in a recent issue of
        TRAINS or R&R.

        Eric in PA

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com