GLC MW lock

  • Lance
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Looking for info on the GLC MW locks that MW crews on CR and now NS
      use. I've seen them on switches, derails, blue flags, and other
      places.

      When were they introduced and how widely used are they?

      I have three that all take the same key.

      ~Lance

      http://www.railfanusa.com
    • Mike & Beth Horst
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Is that the one that has the key with a hollow tube and off of the tube
        there is a piece that goes at a weird angle and splits (this is the only
        way I really know how to describe it)? I have a key for those that I
        found probably 20+ years ago in an old desk at a place I was working. I
        thought it was interesting and kept it and a few years later saw an
        inscription on it "NEO RR". Later I realized that it opened padlocks on
        rail property gates, switches, signal relay boxes, etc. Now you don't
        see many around.

        Mike

        Looking for info on the GLC MW locks that MW crews on CR and now NS
        use. I've seen them on switches, derails, blue flags, and other
        places.

        When were they introduced and how widely used are they?

        I have three that all take the same key.

        ~Lance

        http://www.railfanusa.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ac2en1/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1706043002:HM/EXP=1094110766/A=2195326/R=2/SIG=12iqhsdv7/*htt
        p:/clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon00700677von/direct/01/&time=109402436662
        6296>

        <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon00700677von/direct/01/&time=1094
        024366626296>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=group