RE: [ConrailCorp] Passenger stuff on the Amtrak Harrisburg Line

  • Mike & Beth Horst
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2004
      Yeah - anyone remember when Conrail used to haul intermodal over that
      line? What year did they stop? What caused them to stop -
      doublestacks/catenary, Amtrak, scheduling, increase in capacity on their
      Phila line through Reading, etc.? I miss those days.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2004
        Trackwork is coming...but so will many changes that make the line less photogenic to the classic rail scenes of Lancester County and the Keystone Corridor.

        Eric

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2004
          Can you guys believe that that rail is all still original PRR stick
          rail.Looking at those pics is like looking back in time to the PRR in
          the 60's.Can't believe Amtrak hasn't upgraded to welded rail!
          Brian
          --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <jeep40x@r...> wrote:
          > Trackwork is coming...but so will many changes that make the line
          less photogenic to the classic rail scenes of Lancester County and
          the Keystone Corridor.

          > Eric

          Harrisburg Line

          central_PA_railfan@yahoogroups.com;
          > conrailcorp@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [ConrailCorp] Passenger stuff on the Amtrak Harrisburg
          Line

          > Hi all,
          > My wife attended a conference at Villanova this weekend, which
          afforded me
          > the
          > opportunity to shoot a little bit at the train station there.
          >
          > Amtrak 644 eastbound, Amtk 13 leading
          > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=69116
          >
          > Amtrak 651 westbound under the position lights
          > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=69117
          >
          > A Septa job under the position lights
          > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=69118
          >
          > I felt a bit like John Almeida, standing there on the platform,
          except that
          > no
          > one took me for a terrorist. I did, however, have business cards
          at the
          > ready.
          > -Alex
          > http://www.jalexlang.com/