I'm seeing a repeat in Conrail history

  • brendan_m_kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2002
      I don't rilly reply much to some on the E-Mails
      but do take the time to read them. I am starting to
      see a pattern here something that Conrail did during
      the late 70's threw the early 80. I see groups of the
      same locomotive type being assigned here and there is
      NS trying to copy the history books?? it seems like
      a patteren all the SD80's are in one spot, all the
      B36-7's are in one spot all the GP15's in one spot and so
      forth. Could this bee that there placeing them to a back
      shop that can handle the repairs on these engions or
      finding them the best area for them to work? <br><br>This
      is what I have put together from the orignal
      location Assignments from the late 70-early 80's.<br>from
      the reading it showed quite a pattern haveing to do
      with local shops that were able to fix them, and
      outher diffrents between the outher units on the rostor.
      some of these locations don't make any cents to me
      outher than the ALCO Assignments being located near NY,
      PA, RI, Ohio, and Montral, Quebec where ALCO had
      1900-series Albany-NYC Commuter Service this was only for a
      few years till Metro North Baught more
      engions.<br>RS-32's - DeWitt Yard, Syracuse, NY<br>GP20's -Columbus,
      OH (all de-tourbocharched by Penn Central)<br>GP30's
      -Enola Yard<br>GP35's -3610-1619 Ann Arbor,
      Michigan<br>RS-27's - were stored at Collinwood, Ohio
      4/20/80<br>C425's -2416-2471-Conway, PA<br>C424's -(all former EL
      C424) Youngstown, PA<br>U25B's -Selkirk
      Yard-Syracuse,NY<br>U36B's - 2971-2974 pittsburgh, PA coummter
      service<br>GP40-2's -3275-3403 Selkirk, NY<br>GP9B's - RUTHERFORD,
      PA<br>FP7A's -4332-4373 Columbus,OH<br>S2E's - New York City