Re: M&H Santa

  • Bob <rwb4449@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, conrail6055 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Bob do you still have a copy of that CD you said you made for
      > MSTS? I finally got to reinstall the program the other night. We
      had
      > to reinstall windows losing everything, including the Conrail
      lashups
      > you & I spent what, 2 hours trying to figure out how to install!?!?
      > Let me know...
      >
      > ~Kris

      yes i still got the MSTS cd with all Conrail locos and cars, i would
      have to look to see any new locos or cars that came out sence i
      burned the copy.. but yes kris i still have the cd..

      Bob X- M&H Santa
    • conrail6055
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 3, 2003
        Bob,

        If you're willing, let me know how much or where to send and I'll get
        either $$ or blank CD's out to you. I'm getting anxious to run some
        Blue units again! I just finished up drawing out the entire Marias
        Pass route on paper with all the sidings, switches, etc.

        ~Kris
        conrail6055@...
      • Mike & Beth Horst
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 3, 2003
          I have heard that some folks are working on the middle division for
          MSTS. Anyone have any info? I just downloaded some great blue units from
          train-sim - some C40-8's in both wide and standard cab as well as some
          CR box, coal, and other assorted equipment.

          Mike

          If you're willing, let me know how much or where to send and I'll get
          either $$ or blank CD's out to you. I'm getting anxious to run some
          Blue units again! I just finished up drawing out the entire Marias
          Pass route on paper with all the sidings, switches, etc.

          ~Kris
          conrail6055@...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1706
          043002:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?
          http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=620233278>

        • conrail6055
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 3, 2003
            Mike,

            How does the interior of the cab look on the widebodies? One thing
            that really drives me nuts are their signals! Wish they made sense or
            were NORAC signals or something. Nothing like coming into a yard on
            an approach limited, which according to the game says you proceed
            with caution.

            I had serious problems setting everything up the cab views and sound,
            etc to be able to run the power I had downloaded. That's why I'm
            hoping the cd Bob made will help

            How much fun would that be to run from Harrisburg east... it'd be
            like never leaving work!!
          • Mike & Beth Horst
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 3, 2003
              Having never been in the cab for Hbg east or west, it would be fun for
              me. I guess for you - you could at least hit pause and go do something
              else for awhile unlike the real thing. I just downloaded them the other
              day and have only actually driven the one wide-cab in the quality scheme
              and it had the same cab as the MSTS BNSF dash 9. When I get a chance,
              I'll have to make up some trains with the other 2.

              043002:HM/A=1328027/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870030;7586687;u?
              http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egrou
              pmail/S=:HM/A=1328027/rand=976890373>

            • GEEP FORTY
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 4, 2003
                I'm having flashbacks as we speak man....: MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!

                Eric in Allentown

                --- conrail6055 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > Mike,
                >
                > How does the interior of the cab look on the widebodies? One thing
                > that really drives me nuts are their signals! Wish they made sense or
                > were NORAC signals or something. Nothing like coming into a yard on
                > an approach limited, which according to the game says you proceed
                > with caution.
                >
                > I had serious problems setting everything up the cab views and sound,
                > etc to be able to run the power I had downloaded. That's why I'm
                > hoping the cd Bob made will help
                >
                > How much fun would that be to run from Harrisburg east... it'd be
                > like never leaving work!!

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • GEEP FORTY
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 4, 2003
                  Do they actualy have MSTS for HBG East or West, yet?

                  The cab signals for the CR widecabs to be "prototypical" for lack of a better
                  term would have to be the PRR-position light style cabs, even the NS widecabs
                  have the same feature. I've never been inside a UP/BNSF/RFP engine with cab
                  signals, so I honestly don't know if they are any different.

                  Eric in Allentown

                  --- Mike & Beth Horst <mbhorst@...> wrote:
                  > Having never been in the cab for Hbg east or west, it would be fun for
                  > me. I guess for you - you could at least hit pause and go do something
                  > else for awhile unlike the real thing. I just downloaded them the other
                  > day and have only actually driven the one wide-cab in the quality scheme
                  > and it had the same cab as the MSTS BNSF dash 9. When I get a chance,
                  > I'll have to make up some trains with the other 2.

                • david
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 4, 2003
                    As far as I know only the CR and NS units have PRR style cab signals. The new CSX units have CSX style cab signals in them, I imagine the BNSF units would have BNSF style signals. With little modification, most cab signal styles are compatible, it's all in how you read the indications.
                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 5, 2003
                      --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, GEEP FORTY <geep40@y...> wrote:
                      > The cab signals for the CR widecabs to be "prototypical" for lack
                      of a better term would have to be the PRR-position light style cabs,
                      even the NS widecabs have the same feature. I've never been inside a
                      UP/BNSF/RFP engine with cab signals, so I honestly don't know if they
                      are any different.
                      > Eric in Allentown

                      Stepping into the cab of a UP or BNSF unit is a bit different, for
                      lack of a better term. When you see how they've got their cab signals
                      set up it'll definately make ya wanna "what the hell!?!?"

                      ~Kris
                    • John and Bridget
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 10, 2003
                        The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is working on
                        it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did three Conrail
                        SD40-2s.

                        John Rosh

                      • conrail6055 <conrail6055@yahoo.com>
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 10, 2003
                          --- In ConrailCorp@yahoogroups.com, "John and Bridget" <broush@s...>
                          wrote:
                          > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                          working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                          three Conrail SD40-2s.
                          > John Rosh

                          John,

                          Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                          conditions will its' availability be?

                          ~Kris
                        • John and Bridget
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 10, 2003
                            It will be free. No conditions other than it cannot be sold. And obviously
                            not pirated. This has been in the "works" for over a year.

                            It is set in the '50s. But is a little fictionalized as well. It is only
                            triple track not four track like it really was. But the route really looks
                            great. I've had every version of it through it's development. You won't be
                            disappointed.

                            By the way, my training in Allentown has been going pretty good. I just
                            missed you the other day when you were in there...

                            John
                            > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                            > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                            > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                            > > John Rosh
                            >
                            > John,
                            >
                            > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                            > conditions will its' availability be?
                            >
                            > ~Kris

                          • Mike & Beth Horst
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 10, 2003
                              Great - let us know when it is done - I can't wait to see it.

                              Mike

                              > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                              > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                              > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                              > > John Rosh
                              >
                              > John,
                              >
                              > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                              > conditions will its' availability be?
                              >
                              > ~Kris

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Joe Molesky
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 11, 2003
                                Me too, I've been waiting a long time for a few good Conrail routes to come
                                out. Btw, will it take X-Tracks or default tracks?

                                Joe

                                Great - let us know when it is done - I can't wait to see it.

                                Mike

                                > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                                > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                                > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                                > > John Rosh
                                >
                                > John,
                                >
                                > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                                > conditions will its' availability be?
                                >
                                > ~Kris

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • James G.
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 11, 2003
                                  What # 's did you do the SD40-2'?

                                  James in Bethlehem

                                • NS7203@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 12, 2003
                                    6478, 6450, 6449 and 6392.

                                    Kyle Norek
                                    M.P. 76 on the NS Buffalo Line

                                  • John and Bridget
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 13, 2003
                                      The Middle Division will be free on a couple conditions. All conditions
                                      will be listed in the Readme, but the major ones are, A) that the author's
                                      work not be pirated, and B) that the route not be sold for money.

                                      John
                                      > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                                      > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                                      > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                                      > > John Rosh
                                      >
                                      > John,
                                      >
                                      > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                                      > conditions will its' availability be?
                                      >
                                      > ~Kris

                                    • david
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 14, 2003
                                        New to MSTS. Can anybody point me to a good site on how to import the downloaded Conrail locomotives to use with MSTS? Also how to use the MS Consist Editor and Paint Shop? Apparently mine did not have a manual in it.
                                        Thanks.
                                        Dave

                                        > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                                        > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                                        > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                                        > > John Rosh
                                        >
                                        > John,
                                        >
                                        > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                                        > conditions will its' availability be?
                                        >
                                        > ~Kris

                                      • Michael Boyd
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 14, 2003
                                          dave,

                                          microsoft no longer includes paper manuals with their products. instead,
                                          look around on the cd or in the game's files on your hard drive for a
                                          manual. i'm not totally sure as to whether it would be in ms word or adobe
                                          acrobat (you can download the reader at adobe's website) format.

                                          mike

                                        • Mike & Beth Horst
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 14, 2003
                                            I've pulled most of mine from www.train-sim.com
                                            <http://www.train-sim.com/> . Most files are 1-3 meg and contain a read
                                            me file that can tell you where to copy the files after un-zipping.
                                            There is a directory under all of your MSTS program files that I simply
                                            copied the un-zipped files to that location. Then you have to "make up a
                                            consist" in one of the activities with your new CR equipment. It is not
                                            easy and took me awhile the first time. I would recommend getting a
                                            friend to sit down with you and go through it a time or so. There may be
                                            an easier way, but that is how I muddle through. A lot of trial and
                                            error - when making new consists be careful not to save any activity
                                            before you are sure you want to. One of the first I put together had too
                                            many engines and kept breaking couplers when starting unless you really
                                            went slow. Best of luck.

                                            Mike

                                            > > The Middle Division is nearing completion. One of my friend's is
                                            > working on it. I repainted a Conrail C40-8 and C40-8W. I also did
                                            > three Conrail SD40-2s.
                                            > > John Rosh
                                            >
                                            > John,
                                            >
                                            > Sweet deal, keep us up to date when the Middle finishes up! What
                                            > conditions will its' availability be?
                                            >
                                            > ~Kris

                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor