Conrail Action Still Lives On!!

  • Kris Klemick
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2008
      Norfolk Southern and the Conrail Historical Society put forth an
      extremely unique experience for our 2008 Convention attendees today as
      TWO SD80MAC's in full Conrail Dress Blue, as well as THREE SD40-2's in
      full Conrail Dress Blue were positioned for us at South Fork, PA. A
      total of SIX SD80MAC's were represented at South Fork for viewing. We
      were able to walk the property as well as tour the cabs of these
      beautiful locomotives, several of which were hand cleaned the day
      before by the employees at South Fork. Though the weather on the
      mountain at times was difficult, we have been blessed to have such an
      experience given to us by Norfolk Southern. I'd love to talk and upload
      pictures for everyone, but right now I need to finish up prep work
      before everyone gets back for the banquet this evening!

      ~Kris
      www.TheCRHS.org
    • steveo71@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2008
        The convention was AWESOME!!! Congrats to everyone for helping to make
        Altoona '08 one of the BEST railroad experiences of my life!

        Well done everyone!

        Steve Ondik
        Leesport, PA

        In a message dated 10/25/2008 4:14:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        conrail6055@... writes:

        Norfolk Southern and the Conrail Historical Society put forth an
        extremely unique experience for our 2008 Convention attendees today as
        TWO SD80MAC's in full Conrail Dress Blue, as well as THREE SD40-2's in
        full Conrail Dress Blue were positioned for us at South Fork, PA. A
        total of SIX SD80MAC's were represented at South Fork for viewing. We
        were able to walk the property as well as tour the cabs of these
        beautiful locomotives, several of which were hand cleaned the day
        before by the employees at South Fork. Though the weather on the
        mountain at times was difficult, we have been blessed to have such an
        experience given to us by Norfolk Southern. I'd love to talk and upload
        pictures for everyone, but right now I need to finish up prep work
        before everyone gets back for the banquet this evening!

        ~Kris
        www.TheCRHS.www

        steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211625659x1200715650/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=82&bcd=emailf
        ooter)

      • Chip Syme
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2008
          The weekend was outstanding. Thanks to the officers and the woman who worked
          very had in planning this great event. Everything was over the top. I do
          feel sorry for anyone who wasn't able to attend. These are truly a great
          bunch of guys.

          Chip Syme

          Minerva, Ohio

          _____