Here's thoughts from a northerner whose ancestors fought for the Union

  • bearsgrammy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2002
      Hi to all----I might be a little unwelcome here, maybe a lot
      unwelcome, but I am in agreement with you that you should be able to
      display your flag. Your ancestors suffered and died for what they
      believed in---and whatever that personally means to you, well, that
      should be revered. My ancestors both were in the Pennsylvania 52nd
      regiment, I think--one a drummer boy, one spent time in Libby Prison,
      but survived. I can visit their graves not far from where I live.
      My son, who fought in Desert Storm, is also in that cementery, not
      far from them. We should all be united to stop all war. I read a lot
      about the Civil War, read about the recent raising of the Hunley (CSS)
      submarine from Charleston Harbor. I love the old South, too.