Is there anyone out there?

  • gisellacoeur
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2014
      Is this group inactive or are people using it?  Just wondered before I start trying to have convos.  Thanks.
    • Dawn Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2014

        There hasn’t been much going on.  Maybe we just need someone new to get us started again.

        Dawn

      • Lindart
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2014
          I'm here, and still journaling, though I have changed a lot since I started composition books for journaling - have moved on to moleskine! I'd be happy to have a convo with you!

          Lindart
        • stephrussell2001
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13, 2014
            I pop in from time to time.  It has been quiet for a couple years.  I use it for more inspiration than anything else.  Glad to see new people find this group.
          • Slknippel
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 24, 2014
              I keep checking to see, do we have a facebook group yet too? Anyone know
              Blessings,Sharon
            • Shelly
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 25, 2014

                A Facebook group would be Dawn’s call. I’m on Facebook and have it open pretty much all day and would be willing to set up a group, but only with Dawn’s permission.

                I’m still journaling in composition journals.  I also make my own Coptic bound art journals/artist books, but keep a composition journal going at all times, too.  I haven’t been very good at scanning things the last few years, but have some newer stuff on Flickr.  Mostly I post things on Facebook.

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/sets/1599533/

                Shelly

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 25, 2014

                  I don’t do Facebook, so I won’t be starting a Facebook group.  Anyone else is welcome to if they want, but don’t you think that would dilute anything we might get started here, having two platforms?

                  Dawn

                • Shelly
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 25, 2014

                    Possibly!  That would be my concern, which is why I wanted to leave it up to you.

                    There is already a general art journaling group on Facebook that might be useful to the folks who are on FB.

                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/8914762906/

                    Shelly

                    I don’t do Facebook, so I won’t be starting a Facebook group.  Anyone else is welcome to if they want, but don’t you think that would dilute anything we might get started here, having two platforms?

                    Dawn

                  • Penny Duane
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 25, 2014
                      I don't do Facebook either. I do have a Flickr site where I post. Getting involved in too many things has been a downfall for me. I used to belong to a number of art/journaling egroups, ran my own egroup and belonged to a number of trade groups. It got to be just too much. I cut way back. I don't manage an egroup anymore and I only belong to two groups that I trade online with once a month and if I don't want to trade that month that's okay. Leaves me time to do my own thing.

                      --
                      Penny D

                      “Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”

                      Karen Ravn