Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Looking for Inspiration.

  • Penny Duane
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2012
      I know this kind of sounds dumb, but I think the thing for you to do is just do it.
      No thinking about or designing a page just grab some paint, rip some paper up, glue it in, some adds that catch your eye, a little bling, gel pens, and then just write in what comes to mind or leave it and go on to another page and start over. You can always go back and journal or even change the page into something better.
      Do that for a bit and I think it will calm down and just become normal journaling.  Sort of a release of 'What the Heck.'

      Penny

      On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM, stormygrl0804 <stormygrl0804@...> wrote:

      Hi all, joined the group to get a little mojo back. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer the end of Jan 2012 and had a double mastectomy by the end of April....sad thing is (other then cancer) is the fact I havent picked up my journal since Feb 2012.....Kinda sad to see the Messages are very limited this year, but I have LOTS I can look back on from previous years. Thanks all for what I am sure will get me MOVING...looking forward to looking at all the posts and photos from the very beginning. Keep up the great work.

      --
      Penny D

       I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
      ~~Charles Schultz

    • Jeanine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2012
        Stormygrl, I too am a cancer survivor. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk. It was almost a year after the cancer before I journaled. I did scribble with black crayon and cry a lot! Actually It was almost a year and a half. You have just been through your own private hell. Don't be too hard on yourself. Your muse will return.

        Jeanine