Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Organizing magazine clippings

  • Felicia borges
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2012
      Rather than categorizing all of my potential collage elements (quotes, words, clippings, etc.) I have two pfoto boxes that I work with.  One is right next to my work area and contains only the materials that I'm most excited about, newest to my collection, have something in mind for, etc.  I also include any recent hand painted papers, left over bits from other projects, etc.  The other box is on a much higher shelf and contains materials that I've had for a while, don't quite know what to do with yet, haven't decided I want to get rid of it just yet, etc.

      Every so often, when my material box is getting either too full, empty, or no longer inspiring me at the moment, I will spend some time sorting the two boxes side by side (using the same guidelines described above).  This way I always have enough materials at my fingertips but not so much that I'm overwhelmed.  This is what works for me.

      ;-> Felicia
      The Journal Junkie

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2012
        I have been super busy this summer and haven't had much time for anything art related (including any ability to keep up with e-groups, etc.). However, life is back to normal (or as normal as it can be for me) and I have recently added a blog post regarding my latest experiment: ART in the DARK!
        If you are interested in a little experimentation of your own, the previous blog post has a little more detail on how I achieved this look.
        Thanks for looking.
        ;-> Felicia
        The Journal Junkie

      • Jeanine
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2012
          Super Inspirational. I must try this sometime. Added it to my "to try" list.

          Jeanine

          --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Felicia borges <feliciaborges@...> wrote:

          > I have been super busy this summer and haven't had much time for anything art related (including any ability to keep up with e-groups, etc.). However, life is back to normal (or as normal as it can be for me) and I have recently added a blog post regarding my latest experiment: ART in the DARK!
          > If you are interested in a little experimentation of your own, the previous blog post has a little more detail on how I achieved this look.
          > Thanks for looking.
          > ;-> Felicia
          > The Journal Junkie
          > Blog: http://feliciathejournaljunkie.blogspot.com/
          > Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feliciaborges
          > Sketchbook Projects: http://www.arthousecoop.com/users/feliciaborges

        • Felicia borges
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2012
            Wow! I am so blessed. I've now had 5,000 visits to my blog! I want to celebrate and say THANK YOU with a giveaway! I'll hold a random drawing of everyone who's signed up to follow my blog by August 27th. (If you are already following, no need to do anything. You are already in the drawing!) ;-> On August 28th, I'll randomly select a winner to receive a one-of-a-kind "Journal Junkie Kit." It will be similar to the one created for my 1-year BLOG-iversary. (You can find a pict of that kit on my blog.) Thank you so much for your ongoing interest and support of my work. This art thing is so much fun, isn't it!?!?!
            ;-> Felicia
            The Journal Junkie