Organizing magazine clippings

  • rallynova_72
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2012
      I'm looking for advice on how to organize quotes/words clippings. I have them all in one bin now but when I go to create a page, it's almost impossible to dig through the box to find ones that 'feel' right. Do you store by category? If so, what are some that you use? Any ideas would be great! Thanks.
    • Felicia borges
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2012
        Rather than categorizing all of my potential collage elements (quotes, words, clippings, etc.) I have two pfoto boxes that I work with.  One is right next to my work area and contains only the materials that I'm most excited about, newest to my collection, have something in mind for, etc.  I also include any recent hand painted papers, left over bits from other projects, etc.  The other box is on a much higher shelf and contains materials that I've had for a while, don't quite know what to do with yet, haven't decided I want to get rid of it just yet, etc.

        Every so often, when my material box is getting either too full, empty, or no longer inspiring me at the moment, I will spend some time sorting the two boxes side by side (using the same guidelines described above).  This way I always have enough materials at my fingertips but not so much that I'm overwhelmed.  This is what works for me.

        ;-> Felicia
        The Journal Junkie

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2012
          I have been super busy this summer and haven't had much time for anything art related (including any ability to keep up with e-groups, etc.). However, life is back to normal (or as normal as it can be for me) and I have recently added a blog post regarding my latest experiment: ART in the DARK!
          If you are interested in a little experimentation of your own, the previous blog post has a little more detail on how I achieved this look.
          Thanks for looking.
          ;-> Felicia
          The Journal Junkie

        • Jeanine
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2012
            Super Inspirational. I must try this sometime. Added it to my "to try" list.

            Jeanine

            --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Felicia borges <feliciaborges@...> wrote:

            > I have been super busy this summer and haven't had much time for anything art related (including any ability to keep up with e-groups, etc.). However, life is back to normal (or as normal as it can be for me) and I have recently added a blog post regarding my latest experiment: ART in the DARK!
            > If you are interested in a little experimentation of your own, the previous blog post has a little more detail on how I achieved this look.
            > Thanks for looking.
            > ;-> Felicia
            > The Journal Junkie
            > Blog: http://feliciathejournaljunkie.blogspot.com/
            > Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feliciaborges
            > Sketchbook Projects: http://www.arthousecoop.com/users/feliciaborges

          • Felicia borges
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 20, 2012
              Wow! I am so blessed. I've now had 5,000 visits to my blog! I want to celebrate and say THANK YOU with a giveaway! I'll hold a random drawing of everyone who's signed up to follow my blog by August 27th. (If you are already following, no need to do anything. You are already in the drawing!) ;-> On August 28th, I'll randomly select a winner to receive a one-of-a-kind "Journal Junkie Kit." It will be similar to the one created for my 1-year BLOG-iversary. (You can find a pict of that kit on my blog.) Thank you so much for your ongoing interest and support of my work. This art thing is so much fun, isn't it!?!?!
              ;-> Felicia
              The Journal Junkie