Re: Hello! Newbie here!

  • nickalli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi Redonna!

      Check out the photos and files archived here, lots of great info and pictures! As for chatting, this group has not been active for a very long time. I know of a few other groups that are much more active, email me if you'd like that info. Enjoy the info you can get here though and maybe this chat will get others to chime in as well! :0)

      ~ Nickalli
      nickalli@...
      www.nickalli.blogspot.com

      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "R" <rleckie911@...> wrote:

      > I came in search of a Yahoo group where I could [hopefully] ask questions and get advise. I am a retired grandmother of 3, step-grandmother of 3 and step-great-grandmother of 1 (my daughter married an older man who had half grown - this made it possible for her to become a step-grandmother at 33 and me a step-great-grandmother at 53). I have always piddled (oh, just gave away the fact that I am from the south with that term) in arts and crafts, but just never became a master of any. My newest interest is art journaling. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your group!
      >
      > Redonna

    • Penny Duane
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2012

        Even though I have been art journaling for awhile I still think of myself as a newbie. So one newbie to another, 'Hi!'
        As Nickalli says, this group has been in hibernation for awhile. But there is lots of info out there for us newbies. Youtube has tons of vids about art journaling. So many you could spend a day just drooling over other people's talents. But it does give you ideas to work with. One of the things you have to remember though is that it is 'your journal, and you do what you want and if mistaks happen, so be it.'
        There are so many different ways that you can get caught up in that you can get lost. The main thing to remember is it is supposed to be fun and nonstressful. 'Play' is the best word to discribe the art side of it.

        Have fun.
        Penny

        I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
        ~~Charles Schultz

        --
        Penny D