Teri Topic to explore

  • julie ryan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010

      --- On Sun, 8/29/10, Teri Flemal <Mackenzie10@...> wrote:

      From: Teri Flemal <Mackenzie10@...>
      Subject: [CompositionArtJournals] Re:Topic to explore
      To: CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 2:55 PM

      I like this question.

      What I think of is the stories people tell about themselves without doing too much thinking -- you know, their "Story." Some people get so used to telling their Story that they forget where their truth is. They just get busy telling the same old things they've always told. I have to interview people at times and I will sometimes say, "Tell me about yourself," and someone will respond, "Well, I'm a wife and a mother, and I've been married for 14 years, and I went to such and such college and now I work for thingety thing." Ahhhhh. And I have been known to say, "Ah. Now, tell me about yourself." Because that's their "Story" but what have they told me? It isn't about who they are.

      Anyway, I suspect the point of that class might be to remind participants that everyone can write a new story, each new day, and whether you like the way your life has been going or if you don't, you can write your own new chapter or myth and reshape your life, every day. Never too late and no need to follow in the same old patterns. That's a powerful concept.

      xo-teri
      www.quinceberry.blogspot.com
    • julie ryan
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010
        Hello!  I enjoyed reading your email.  Your words "reshape your life" and "no need to follow  the same old patterns" spoke to me.

        It is helpful when one has an awareness of the old patterns we which to change.  And, it is good to have an awareness of the old patterns which are beneficial.
        Julie

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010

          Your words are words I hear in my head more often than I would like.
          Julie

          Date: 29/08/2010 3:50:12 PM
          Subject: [CompositionArtJournals] Topic to explore

          I'm slowly getting out of my funk. I came across a card advertzing  an amaizing artist trip to Greece. I could never afford it. The Topic is Personal Mythology Rewriting the myth of ourselves. I thought that was an interesting concept. I thought I would throw it out here- what do you think is a personal myth?

          Christy

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: