Hello

  • Hazel Juanita Millan-Hoffman
    Message 1 of 33 , May 31, 2010
      I have finally started on working a little art into my journal once more...

      Here are a couple of sketches to jump start the creative juices for myself...

      --

      (¯`v´¯)
      `*.¸.*´

    • Jan Flood
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 29, 2010
        Christie, I don't go to Target enough to know one department from another --it's just enough out of my "circle" that unless I have a reason I don't think about it.  Actually I was going there yesterday to pick up some ElleNet, Target is the only pace that carries it around here and I want to see if it is as good as they say.  So when Shelly mentioned the stone paper I put it on my list.  I found so many neat things though I'll have to check it out  more often.

        In my Target they have an aisle of office (desk type) storage, one of gift bags, scrapbook storage - then two whole aisles of notebooks, binders, folders, metal desk accessories, that type of thing. There is also an aisle of pens/pencils but no real office supplies so they must be someplace else.   These would have been next to the banana fiber paper and the more upscale journal type books.  I'll just whisper this - {they had some neat journals so I whipped out my phone and took some pictures :)  I also noticed they had the reg comp books in colors - red, yellow, green, purple along with black.  I like these but only use the comp books to make altered journals so no sense paying for color :)  I'm thinking this stone paper might be good to go in my travel art supply.    My other purchase was a canvas bag -- just like a big gift bag but canvas with the handles, floral print.  They are called reusable gift bags.  I saw some beautiful large gift bags, very modern looking and thought that would be an idea to store my drawing supplies in the living room, as opposed to having them spread all over the coffee table but still easily accessible.  They didn't have the one I wanted in the right size and turned around and saw the canvas ones.  The largest size was $5.99 which I thought was great as the paper bags are almost that much.  May go back and get one of the smaller ones, $2.99. These are lightweight but I was really pleased with them, very versatile.

        Jan Flood