Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Signature Journal

    Message 1 of 15 , May 29, 2010
      Caatje,
      Lovely work!  :)
      ~*~Walks~*~

      --- On Tue, 5/25/10, CMJ WINKELMAN <c.m.j.winkelman@...> wrote:

      From: CMJ WINKELMAN <c.m.j.winkelman@...>
      Subject: [CompositionArtJournals] Signature Journal
      To: CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 4:30 AM

      Hey all,

      Last week I made a 16 page journal out of a signature I sewed together myself (I was very proud of that little fact no matter how easy it was, haha). You can look at the spreads on my flickr at http://www.flickr. com/photos/ caatje . It's about A4 size (21x30cm)

      I plan to make more of these thin journals as I really liked doing it.

      Caatje

    • Carin Winkelman
      Message 2 of 15 , May 30, 2010
        Thank you!

        By the way: I have started a blog this weekend. It's still sort of under construction as I can't get blogger to do everything the way I want it yet, but hey, it's a start. I'm wondering if my trouble (gadgets that won't work and things like that) has something to do with the fact that I don't use internet explorer but firefox and seamonkey? And also: why when I want to put in a picture does it have to put in on top of the text instead of where my cursor is? Little annoyances that can be fixed, but still I wish things would just work the way they are supposed to. It took me forever just to get the flickr gadget to actually show up without errors.

        Caatje, new to blogger, so maybe it's me...
        http://caatjesartsystuff.blogspot.com/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/caatje

        Walks with Wolves wrote:

        Caatje,
        Lovely work!  :)
        ~*~Walks~*~

        Message 3 of 15 , May 31, 2010
          Caatje,
          Love the blog!  :)
          ~*~Walks~*~

          By the way: I have started a blog this weekend. It's still sort of under construction as I can't get blogger to do everything the way I want it yet, but hey, it's a start. I'm wondering if my trouble (gadgets that won't work and things like that) has something to do with the fact that I don't use internet explorer but firefox and seamonkey? And also: why when I want to put in a picture does it have to put in on top of the text instead of where my cursor is? Little annoyances that can be fixed, but still I wish things would just work the way they are supposed to. It took me forever just to get the flickr gadget to actually show up without errors.

          Caatje, new to blogger, so maybe it's me...
          http://caatjesartsy stuff.blogspot. com/
          http://www.flickr. com/photos/ caatje

          Walks with Wolves wrote:

          Caatje,
          Lovely work!  :)
          ~*~Walks~*~

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 1, 2010
            that's just the way blogger has always done it. i always upload my pix first IN REVERSE order that i want them to appear b/c the picture being inserted is always going to go at the top. after pix are loaded and in correct order, then i go in and type in my words where i need them!

            IF you figure out a way to make blogger change that -- please post it here so i can learn it too!

            looked at your blog and i really like it! keep up the good work!!!

            --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Carin Winkelman <c.m.j.winkelman@...> wrote:

            And also: why
            > when I want to put in a picture does it have to put in on top of the
            > text instead of where my cursor is?
          • Jeanine
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 1, 2010
              Caatje, I just looked at your journal and loved what I saw.

              Jeanine

              --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Walks with Wolves <silverfangedone@...> wrote:

              > Caatje,
              > Love the blog!  :)
              > ~*~Walks~*~

            • CMJ WINKELMAN
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 1, 2010
                Thank you very much!
                Caatje

                --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com <CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com>, Walks with Wolves <silverfangedone@...> wrote:

                > Caatje,
                > Love the blog!  :)
                > ~*~Walks~*~

              • CMJ WINKELMAN
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
                  Yes! There is a way. You need to use a different editor. Now I am a user from the Netherlands, so the names of tabs and settings are automatically set in Dutch when I go to blogger and may not correspond with the english names, but in the tab with the basic settings, somewhere at the bottom, you can choose different kinds of editors. The top one is the newest one. I was using the old one. This newest is a wisywig editor and it lets you put in the picture exactly where you are with your cursor and in different sizes too!

                  Hope this helps.

                  Caatje

                  --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com <CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com>, Carin Winkelman <c.m.j.winkelman@...> wrote:

                  And also: why
                  > when I want to put in a picture does it have to put in on top of the
                  > text instead of where my cursor is?

                • Linda Cameron
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
                    Caatje,

                    Blogger definitely has a learning curve! I've been blogging for several years now, and there are still things I haven't done yet!

                    I don't know why it won't put the pictures where you want them, this is a fairly new feature, as it used to always put the photos at the top of the post. I would go into HTML, highlight the photo HTML, delete it, then paste it where I wanted it.

                    I still have to go into HTML and change a few things if things snag up, such as not letting me make my text black instead of the last color I chose.

                    Hope this helped a little bit! I went and peeked at your blog, and the journal pages are lovely! I can't wait to see your finished project too!

                    Linda C

                    *****
                    visit my blog at http://www.lindart.blogspot.com