Re: making rubber stamps & thanks

  • ethelbertina
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "klynnnn_2000"
      <klynnnn@s...> wrote:

      > I just wanted to (belatedly) thank Laurie for posting her
      > instructions on making rubber stamps - easy and original! :) ...
      now
      > I just need to find some wood blocks since I don't have access to
      > saw

      I just wanted to second these thanks... I've been playing around
      with making stamps with the craft foam since Laurie posted her
      technique... except that I didn't have any wood blocks or rubber
      cement... so I wandered around my little brown house looking for
      something to glue the foam to, and eventually spied a bunch of old
      plastic cases for audio cassettes that I hadn't gotten around to
      throwing out (yes I inherited several copies of the packrat gene) --
      SO ... with the aid of some stinky model-type glue and those cases,
      I now have the beginnings of a set of background stamps! I did a
      brick pattern, a harlequin diamond pattern, and a parquet floor
      pattern.

      just added some border stamps last night to the backs/sides of the
      cassette boxes... getting oodles of stamps out of like half a sheet
      of craft foam.

      Terrific fun!!! Thanks Laurie!

      Effie
      http://ethelbertina.blogspot.com/
    • Ethleen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
        I'm wondering if someone could repost the directions for making the stamps.
        Ethleen
        > I just wanted to (belatedly) thank Laurie for posting her
        > instructions on making rubber stamps - easy and original! :) ...
        now
        > I just need to find some wood blocks since I don't have access to
        > saw

        I just wanted to second these thanks... I've been playing around
        with making stamps with the craft foam since Laurie posted her
        technique... except that I didn't have any wood blocks or rubber
        cement... so I wandered around my little brown house looking for
        something to glue the foam to, and eventually spied a bunch of old
        plastic cases for audio cassettes that I hadn't gotten around to
        throwing out (yes I inherited several copies of the packrat gene) --
        SO ... with the aid of some stinky model-type glue and those cases,
        I now have the beginnings of a set of background stamps! I did a
        brick pattern, a harlequin diamond pattern, and a parquet floor
        pattern.

        just added some border stamps last night to the backs/sides of the
        cassette boxes... getting oodles of stamps out of like half a sheet
        of craft foam.

        Terrific fun!!! Thanks Laurie!

        Effie
        http://ethelbertina.blogspot.com/

      • Laurie Gatlin
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          there's a tutorial I made here:

          http://firstclass.plainfield.k12.in.us/~laurie_gatlin/stamp/backgroundstamps.htm

          easy, cheap, fun!
          Laurie
          (oops -- that sounds like I'm talking about me! I meant the stamps!)

          >I'm wondering if someone could repost the directions for making the
          >stamps.
          >Ethleen
        • Angelia Thompson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
            great tutitorial, Laurie.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to try some of these in February when I'm buried in snow!
            Angelia

            Angelia

            "The greatest illusion is that we are separate."