Introduction & ?

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2009
      Hi everyone!
      I'm Lisa and I just joined the group. I'm 43, have a hubby, an 8 year old daughter and a cute dog. I'm living in the Chicago 'burbs. I've been art journaling for about a month now and want to learn more and share more. I'm one of those people who buy beautiful journals then they sit in my shelves because I don't want to mess them up. I figured I'd get messy in a composition book because it's not a big investment, LOL. So I have a cheap one and I'm decorating the cover a bit so it's pretty... but I'm scared of these thin, thin pages! How do you all prepare the pages for mediums like acrylic and watercolor, etc.? Do you just gesso? Or glue pages together? I've skimmed the files very quickly so I may have missed it... thanks! I've gotta get some errands run...

      Lisa
      http://randomveracity.blogspot.com
    • marilynn michau
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2009
        loved your page and your daughter is a keeper - enjoy her always

        Marillynn

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2009
          Welcome, Lisa.
          I've got answers to a lot of your questions if you will take a look at my blogs.
          Also, I sell a set of lessons that give the answers (plus lots more) in a more organized manner.
          Look here for what's covered: http://creatingyourownstory.blogspot.com/
          Getting ready to leave for a long weekend with my girlfriends tomorrow.
          Catch you later,
          Eliece