Tons of Art Journaling

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2009
      If you cannot view photos in the email, click here to go to the blog:
      http://matoskan.multiply.com/journal/item/678/Tons_of_Art_Journaling_

      Tons of Art Journaling
      Wednesday, July 01, 2009

      Catalyst #31:  What's a novel that has impacted your life and why?

      Catalyst #32: What's your most prized possession?

      Challenge #41: Magic Carpet travels

      Fossil Rim page completed (in my 27 Goals for my 27th Year journal):

      Pop's page (in my 27 Goals for my 27th Year journal):

      Recipes page (in my 27 Goals for my 27th Year journal):

      Random art journal pages:

      The paint bled a lot around the squares I tried to use.  Next month, I'll try a new technique.

      Leopard is from a gift bag I picked up at a dollar store.

      Wedding dresses came from a bridal magazine.

      Light of heart,
      ~*~Walks~*~

      To hear the sound of the wolf is to experience a singularly moving sensual experience of wilderness. Sound of unreachable quality, seeming weird and inhuman. But not unearthly. For it is of the essence of the creature wolf: of his spirit, his being, his truth. A transcendental song that took form uncounted millennia before time was defined. Something elemental. A living call from the past. A revelation of the very Universe.
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.
      ~Maya Angelou~

    • Aimeslee
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
        Bam! Your pages seem kicked up a notch this week. Nice, I really like the witch circle graphic and the fossil rim background. :-))

        xoxo,
        Aimeslee

        Wednesday, July 01, 2009

        ~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~* ~

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
          Thank you, Aimeslee.
          The graphic came from an old We'Moon planner.  LOVE those things.  They have tons of awesome graphics in them and you can get them pretty cheap on eBay.
          In the beginning, I was a little worried the background would overpower the whole thing for the Fossil Rim layout, but it turned out worlds better than I could have ever hoped.  *grins*  I'm pretty darn proud of that one.  *chuckles*
          Light of heart,
          ~*~Walks~*~

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
            When I was reading your blog that day, I remember thinking I wished you would include more of the photos you take at the sanctuary you volunteer at, cuz your photos are awesome and the animals are quite handsome. :-)))

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
              *chuckles*  Oh I can pull up the entries from the times when I used to just go out to the Sanctuary to photograph.  The problem with volunteering there is by the time I'm done, I'm exhausted and it's HOT, so most of the cats have hidden away from the heat.  But, like I said, I used to go out there a few times a month with an ex-friend, and do a lot of photography.  I'd be happy to post links to those.  *chuckles*
              Light of heart,
              ~*~Walks~*~

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
                I meant seeing more of the photos in your journal, on your pages. :-)))

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
                  Oh ok.  *chuckles*
                  I do need to get back into doing that.  :)  It's just that not having direct access to a color printer does cut back on how often/easily I can use 'em at times.  *grins*
                  Light of heart,
                  ~*~Walks~*~

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
                    {smacks head} Oh yeah, I KNEW that. It's summer, not til fall, right? Your after school care class? Yup, I read pretty thoroughly and what did it get me with my memory? Thanks for reminding me. :-)

                    xoxo,
                    Aimeslee

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 2, 2009
                      Ah, no worries.  I do send them to a printer from time to time.  That's how I get some of the art work I used in my various layouts printed.  But at a dollar a page, it does limit.  Especially given that I'm taking the summer off of any job, so I don't have any cash rolling in.  *smiles*  But as soon as school kicks up again--*grins*
                      Light of heart,
                      ~*~Walks~*~

[...]

                    • Linda Cameron
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 3, 2009
                        Walks,

                        I love your July grid! the gold is awesome! And the leopard page. I love leopards and jaguars.

                        Linda C
                        *****
                        visit my blog at http://www.lindart.blogspot.com

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 3, 2009
                          Linda,
                          I'm NOT a fan of gold at all, but I do love how it turns out on the pages.  *chuckles*
                          Did you know about the Sri Lankan Leopard then?  I can locate the photograph that told me about that subspecies if you are interested.  It's a gorgeous shot.  :)

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                            That Fossil Rim spread is fantastic, Walks! I couldn't quite read the one with the wedding dresses, except to tell that you think the prices are outrageous (I agree). Are you soon to be a bride?

                            Oh, and I DID make a July calendar page, thanks to the encouragement here. I'll post it later in the month when it's been filled out a bit more.

                            Melisa
                            http://www.virtuallydesigned.com/gottamake/

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                              The wedding page was basically me ranting about how it seems the designers have a contest to see who can make the ugliest, most expensive dress.  The dresses I used for the layout came from Dallas Brides, and the average price throughout the ads in that magazine for a wedding dress was around $15,000.  Insane.

                              Very soon to be bride.  *chuckles*  September 30th is the wedding date, and it's set for Vegas!  *grins*

                              That's great you made a grid for July!  Can't wait to see it.  :)  Which reminds me, I need to get my July grid up to date!  *chuckles*
                              Light of heart,
                              ~*~Walks~*~

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                                Well, congratulations! I guess you are technically supposed to congratulate the groom, but I don't know the groom. I hope your day goes perfectly. Me, I couldn't see going into debt for one day's worth of festivities. When trying to plan something small and simple became a nightmare, we eloped. Would I have liked to have the photo of me in a pretty white dress? Sure. Would I like to STILL be paying for it? Nah.

                                Melisa

                                --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Walks with Wolves <silverfangedone@...> wrote:

                                > The wedding page was basically me ranting about how it seems the designers have a contest to see who can make the ugliest, most expensive dress.  The dresses I used for the layout came from Dallas Brides, and the average price throughout the ads in that magazine for a wedding dress was around $15,000.  Insane.
                                >
                                > Very soon to be bride.  *chuckles*  September 30th is the wedding date, and it's set for Vegas!  *grins*
                                >
                                > That's great you made a grid for July!  Can't wait to see it.  :)  Which reminds me, I need to get my July grid up to date!  *chuckles*
                                > Light of heart,
                                > ~*~Walks~*~
                              • Aimeslee
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                                  Trying to catch up on out of order emails here....

                                  Walks, you are getting married in the one place on earth where cheap is good and cheap funky is even better. Use it girl!

                                  xoxo,
                                  Aimeslee

                                  p.s. - Melisa, our justice of the peace wedding was kinda like eloping, cost-wise. I'm with you, girl, winkwink, and 22 years later, I can tell definitely say that no wedding debt helped out immensely, a true blessing.

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                                    That's exactly how we are.  We've got the wedding pretty much paid for all ready.  Just the minor "living" expenses from the week we'll spend in Vegas is what we have left.  :)
                                    Light of heart,
                                    ~*~Walks~*~

                                    Well, congratulations! I guess you are technically supposed to congratulate the groom, but I don't know the groom. I hope your day goes perfectly. Me, I couldn't see going into debt for one day's worth of festivities. When trying to plan something small and simple became a nightmare, we eloped. Would I have liked to have the photo of me in a pretty white dress? Sure. Would I like to STILL be paying for it? Nah.

                                    Melisa

                                    --- In CompositionArtJourn als@yahoogroups. com, Walks with Wolves <silverfangedone@ ...> wrote:

                                    > The wedding page was basically me ranting about how it seems the designers have a contest to see who can make the ugliest, most expensive dress.  The dresses I used for the layout came from Dallas Brides, and the average price throughout the ads in that magazine for a wedding dress was around $15,000.  Insane.
                                    >
                                    > Very soon to be bride.  *chuckles*  September 30th is the wedding date, and it's set for Vegas!  *grins*
                                    >
                                    > That's great you made a grid for July!  Can't wait to see it.  :)  Which reminds me, I need to get my July grid up to date!  *chuckles*
                                    > Light of heart,
                                    > ~*~Walks~*~

                                  • Kathinka Batenburg-Mets
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 7, 2009
                                      The wedding page was basically me ranting about how it seems the designers
                                      have a contest to see who can make the ugliest, most expensive dress. The
                                      dresses I used for the layout came from Dallas Brides, and the average price
                                      throughout the ads in that magazine for a wedding dress was around $15,000.
                                      Insane.

                                      Very soon to be bride. *chuckles* September 30th is the wedding date, and
                                      it's set for Vegas! *grins*

                                      *congrats!
                                      My mum made my dress and my bridesmaids dress, my shoes were my army boots
                                      with purple spray paint on them to match the white-and-purple dress, My
                                      husband bought a cheap but sturdy neat suit during sales, my uncle and a
                                      friend were our photographers, we borrowed my parents car, I did my own hair
                                      and the tiny bit of make-up I wore and we saved up for the rest and some of
                                      the parents paid parts of the wedding, so no depts even though we rented a
                                      castle for the ceremony and reception and a boat and a bus. We only had
                                      dinner (in a pancake restaurant ;-) ) with a small group of close friends
                                      and family after the rest of the festivities. Then again, what we call a big
                                      wedding with about 80 guests would probably be a small one for Americans ;-)
                                      The price of that dress you mentioned was about what we paid for the whole
                                      wedding ;-)

                                      Thinkie
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 8, 2009
                                        Aimeslee,
                                        That's our goal--to keep our debt as low as possible and our savings as high as possible.
                                        We're doing the whole thing (wedding, week in Vegas, flying there and back, plus my dress, and all that) for right around $5k--and 90% of it is already paid for in full.
                                        And we've got close to $10k in the bank.
                                        Light of heart,
                                        ~*~Walks~*~

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 8, 2009
                                          LoL.  I've threatened something very similar to that.  Doc Martin (similar to army boots) has a pair of dark red books that would perfectly match my dress.   *chuckles*
                                          ~*~Walks~*~

                                        • thinkie@thinkie.nl
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 8, 2009
                                            > LoL.  I've threatened something very similar to that.  Doc Martin
                                            > (similar to army boots) has a pair of dark red books that would
                                            > perfectly match my dress.   *chuckles*
                                            > ~*~Walks~*~

                                            high heels are so overrated ;-) And you can wear them after the
                                            wedding too! I wear my purple army boots to fantasy fairs (my mum
                                            makes me dresses for those too).

                                            Thinkie
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jul 8, 2009
                                              Actually, I don't wear high heels.  I'm already 5'11" bare foot.  *chuckles*  And soon-to-be hubby is only 5'9".  *laughs*

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jul 8, 2009
                                                That's wonderful, Walks. :-)))