RE: [CompositionArtJournals] Re: gel medium help

  • Shelly
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2009
      The paper in composition books is thin, but it's surprisingly sturdy.
      There is no need to glue pages together to strengthen them, unless
      you're adding really heavy elements. Even then, a layer or two of
      acrylic paint toughens up the paper pretty well.

      Just to give you an idea of what sort of abuse these notebooks can
      take:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/88787615/

      That's an actual knife blade. There's a layer of cork under it, but
      it's just one single sheet of paper, and it's holding up fine. And on
      the other side, there's a Gepe mount glued directly to the page.
      These are plastic mounts with glass, so they are fairly heavy.

      Good luck with the box!