Re: [CompositionArtJournals] unfinished page-suggestions?

  • trish ackerman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
      Tricia,
      I would add some texture to your background. Since you did a dark one, maybe some white paint to create the texture, like bubble wrap or some rubber stamps or screen type print. you could even do several colors like a light pink and white, or some gold or yellow.
      Good start on the collage. You are good at coming up with text, that is always my weakness.

      Trish Ackerman
      http://artisticjourneys-trish.blogspot.com/
      Core Knowledge Charter School
      Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
        Anita,
        thanks for the idea! I don't have a white gel pen handy, and I am not sure if I have any that will show up on the black, but I am going to check...I am going to start on a new page and come back to that one later!
        yes, you should just start now!! I waited forever to start and I just love it-it's actually all I have been doing, need to get back to some of my other stuff too-I am also my worst critic, but you're right, it is YOUR journal, it's therapeutic so all that matters is that it comes from the heart, so true!!! I am looking forward to seeing your first page and I am going to go start a new one now too:)
        have a great evening
        Trish

        http://thisnnnthat.blogspot.com/